Cricket Part III

Australia batting first in the 3rd and final T20 in Sydney. Looks a lovely evening for it!

Yep, plus he doesnā€™t even run in quick for a spinner he just sort of ambles up.

Kerry Okeefe is a brilliant colour man as well. Knows his cricket really well so can have a normal conversation about it, and can also add in just the right amount of humour.

1 Like

I reckon 200 wouldnā€™t have been enough tonight.

Iā€™ve never understood how NC-N is rated so high internally.

1 Like

Take note of the state heā€™s from, that will give you a fair ideaā€¦

1 Like

The sky commentators went through footage and reckoned it was as many as 40% of his deliveries

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/lakshan-sandakan-no-balls-ben-stokes-sri-lanka-england-third-test-colombo-video-highlights/2018-11-25?fbclid=IwAR1Oiaq0Fyo7A06Le3XmnEVTWK-hNm477IACZ0VoMioPh5fWafmRbmc02_8

The on field ump called zero. Shouldnā€™t get a game next week.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s your answer.

2 Likes

If you have a video referee, why not use him to monitor the front foot?

1 Like

At least alert the bowlerā€™s end umpire to watch.

I donā€™t think i ever bowled a front front no ball in 24 years.

When umpiring, I usually watch the first half dozen or so, and if heā€™s not getting close, tend to watch for the other things like where it pitches.

Especially considering heā€™s been high internally for most of his career.
My source tells me anyways

Watch out or Diggers will get ya

Three bowlers who should never be allowed near limited overs games - NC-N, J Pattinson, J Behrendorff.

And Iā€™ve got doubts about Stoinis too.

yassif shah 8/41 N.Z all out for 90

after being 0 for 50!

Numbers 4 to 11 managed a total of 5 runs - 6 ducks a 1 and a 4

2 Likes

Chris cairns match ref for this one

Sri Lanka need another 43 runs against England with one wicket in hand. Sounds likes itā€™s over except the last pair have already put on 58.

Sri Lanka knocked over straight after tea.

Nearly all over when Broad sconed Pushpakamura. But he stayed on for 42*.

1 Like

63*

1 Like

Vics 4-135 at the Gabba

Dean and Maxwell ducks, Harris 2, Finch 50, Handscomb 75*

2 Likes

Pitch is a green top and it was swinging around corners in the 1st session. QLD bowled pretty ordinarily after the 1st 10 overs and really shouldā€™ve been right on top in this one. Handscombā€™s looked very assured after an early close call (let one go that jagged from off to leg and went over off stump by not very much).