Cricket Part III

Starc to break down on day 4?

1 Like

Patto. Bring him in!

1 Like

speaks truth
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

What? Ahead of NCN, or Big Billy Stanlake, or good old vegan Sids trundling in at 125kmh.

Handscomb is not crap and Marsh is, not much wrong with that decision in my book.

I agree. Handscombā€™s technique was been questioned, but he was going along fine until one drop in form and then he was gone. Mitch Marsh howeverā€¦

ā€œMitch Marsh hasnā€™t been as consistent as we would have liked,ā€ Paine said at a press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Wrong. Mitch Marsh has been very consistent for mine.

1 Like

We play about 12-14 Tests a year, at least 10% of them go one way or the other by < 50 runs. And by and large Marsh and co fire when weā€™re going well, not when we need them.
I reckon thatā€™s isnā€™t unfair.

the problem for Pete was that heā€™d completely lost any idea of what he was trying to do at the crease. He was second guessing himself and looked all at see with his technique. He had to be dropped.

1 Like

That is laughable mate. Utterly absurd.

1 Like

2 tons and 4 50s in 24 innings, avg 43
Vs
2 tons and 3 50s in 51 innings, avg 26

One of these things is not like the other one.

He was right to be dropped in 2016 but IMO shouldā€™ve been brought back much earlier than he was.

Avg 39 when we win, 19/17 when we lose/draw

Yes but in all those games thereā€™d be other things like dropped catches, other batsmen failing, collapses etc. Not to mention that our W/L record is heavily home/away linked so most if not all our batsmen would have a similar discrepancy in their records. Itā€™s a totally ridiculous statement.

I like Pete but no he shouldnā€™t have. His form has been average at 1st class level since being dropped and even this year heā€™s been far from banging the door down.

Disagree.
Particularly when the competition is Mitch Marsh.

I honestly canā€™t wait for this series to start. I legit think it will be a ripper.

1 team with the stronger batting line up, the other team with the stronger bowling line up

1 Like

Heā€™s been poor since heā€™s been worked out.

Any shield watchers understand Harris and his form?

Was it less matches batting at the WACA?

Hope he goes well against the Indians.

No he hasnā€™t.

In his last 10 he has scored 1 x 100, 5 x 50 (2 80ā€™s 1 60 and 2 50ā€™s) and 2 x late 40ā€™s (48 and 49)

1 Like

He got worked out hard by Anderson.