Cricket Part III

I would rather see Bird than Siddle.

Donā€™t see the point in playing siddle, move him along and bring in someone else, heā€™s cooked.

3 Likes

Speaking of the 12th man, every time I read the test squad these days the monologue becomes Richie ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  himself whilst reading out the New Zealand team.

Wont be Worral, still injured I believe.

Heā€™s not cooked heā€™s charred to the point of carbon dating

1 Like

I would be fairly happy if that was the side.

I see it as a matter of how unhappy I am with any side currently picked. Thereā€™s not a selected side I can be happy with as long as our two best batsman are not available for literally no point.

2 Likes

It is why I said fairly. At least giving youth a chance is better than constantly playing old guys who have no future.

3 Likes

The decision to bring in Patterson is a good one. Pick a guy while he is hot and ready to go. Disappointing the other bats didnā€™t make many in Hobart - very tough to switch back to first class cricket after over a month focussing on T20s.

If Siddle rightly doesnā€™t make the final XI it is almost as if the selectors are listening to the majority of the Aussie public. About time one might say. The Marshes have been toxic to our selections for the last 5 years.

1 Like

Agree RB. Personally I think theyā€™ll go with Will and KP. Will might be one of those kids who makes big scores, he has a history of doing so at every level of cricket heā€™s played. KP is the in-form bat in the country and importantly all of his scores have come in the long format, so I agree with him being brought into the squad at short notice. Itā€™s not ideal that there are only 2 Tests to play before the Ashes, but letā€™s have a look at these guys and see if they can book a spot in the touring party by going out there and making big runs v SL.

1 Like

Um yeah nahā€¦ Listening to the idiot majority who have NFI is just about the last thing our selectors should be doingā€¦

Agree in part, but they do have concerns on crowds/tv audiences so putting players the public wants to see in can address that

Lel

trying to win back the audience who doesnā€™t want to watch a team that stinks only 9mths after they all called for the crucifixion of the two best batsmen in the team resulting in the team stinking.

Irony is fun.

**Every Indian test exceeded the previous crowd record for each respective test venue v India. Crowds have been fine, even if it is because they were 75% Indian for most of the summer

Nobody will front the Lankan series though, just like nobody ever really does.

1 Like

If it was in Melbourne Iā€™d head along. Actually, Iā€™d be really tempted to attend a Hobart test too and probably would depending on airfares. I fear that Canberra will be a total failure crowd-wise though.

Do you know how many people attended the last test match in Hobart?

This is the first ever Test hosted in the nationā€™s capital? It might get a decent attendance as a result.

only need to beat 17k to exceed the most recent test crowd in Hobartā€¦

Anyone who whinges about Hobart missing out on a test match is full delusional. If ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  turned up, theyā€™d still be getting test cricket. As it stands, Tasmanianā€™s broadly would rather attend the BBL.

2 Likes

TV audiences back about 20% vs last summer (South Africa and Pakistan) on test matches

Is that counting Kayo/Foxtel? I didnā€™t watch 7.

No day/night test cricket against India.