Cricket Part III

top 5 choke of all time.

Iā€™ll pay that one Nev

1 Like

Only had 3 scores above 50 for all their batsmen.
Incredibly in the last two matches, their bowlers have almost had the game slip away from them before doing a 180 and dragging the opposition back with tight bowling and crucial wickets.

But geez, how did the Stars lose that? Had them 5/65 and then Christian and Cooper batted sensibly and got 80 from the last 10 overs, then to lose 7/19.
Of all the wickets, Handscombe is the one who should be most embarrassed. Just 2 balls after losing a wicket you donā€™t play that shot, that should haunt him forever.

2 Likes

The wide calls are the same in ODI as T20, as is the bouncer no-ball, field restrictions and shortened boundaries.

I agree regarding the boundaries though, they should all be no more than 2m in from the whole fence (or the required amount for player safety), not 15m in like it is at some grounds

1 Like

I too donā€™t love T20 cricket but I think some of the issues you point out are exactly the same as in 50 over cricket. The no bouncers and leg side wide rules are just too batsmen friendly. Both formats also have over restrictions for bowlers. It would be interesting to see how T20s and 50 over games would change if you only had to bowl say 3 or 4 bowlers with no specific restrictions. Although I could see a team just playing 8 genuine batsmen and backing themselves to get more runs.

Also short boundaries are now found in all forms of cricket. The hit to score is 6 is so much smaller than a generation ago. Although this was a result of health and safety more than entertainment.

Iā€™m bored with 50 over and prefer T20. Can watch World Cup though.

Iā€™d be happy to see one DRS review.

And leg side wides should only be called if it is leg side of the batsmanā€™s standard position taking guard. In all limited over cricket.

1 Like

Handscombā€™s wicket was all arrogance. He would have thought the game was all wrapped up and was trying to finish it quickly.

His entire role in that batting lineup is to be the sensible one that nurses all the sloggers and slashes around him through to the last few overs. Arrogant cricket, deserved to lose. FarkEd

I just want it acknowledged that the Renegades are Champions in the season I started supporting them. You are welcome, fellow 'Gades fans.

6 Likes

You mean a squad with a heap of South Aussies and wearing the colours of the SA state side actually won something :rofl:

Fair point! Hopefully thatā€™ll repeat itself with Franga, Razz and Redman bringing home the bacon.

3 Likes

Heaps?
only Richardson and Cooper actually played.

Vs White, Harris, Finch, Harper, Harvey, Tremain who are all current (or retired) Bushrangers.

1 Like

I have no idea who played, just heard it mentioned on radio that the Renegades had the most SA players on its list

Do you mean the side captained and coached by Victorians and wearing Essendon colours?

2 Likes

That too.
Itā€™s just very rare to see a cricket team wearing the Deadbacks colours win anything except wooden spoons.

More than the Stars.

But not as many as the Adelaide side.

Stars spent too much time learning how to stare into cameras rather than learning how to keep a cool head and chase a getable target still under 10 an over after loss of a few wickets.

Yeah, that was probably it.
Lol. This game.

I see Maxwell threw his team mates under a bus.

ā€œI think those 10 overs, we batted beautifully, but I think we probably could have gone a bit harder knowing what we had behind us. You can kill the game in the Powerplay when youā€™re only chasing 145. None for 36 is great, we had 10 wickets in hand but you probably needed to go a bit harder. Thatā€™s all in hindsight.ā€

Hardly threw anyone under the bus.

2 Likes

Watching the replay, handscomb should be copping ALL of the criticism. They needed 7 and a bit runs an over before he played that shot, it was pathetic.

2 Likes