Cricket Part III

Yep @efc1robbo, Handscomb should have pushed the ball around for a bit before launching like that. There was no need to charge Tremain so early in his innings.

Woo Hooooooo!!! RENEGADES!!!

MY BOYS!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Posting this just because it makes me smile.

13 Likes

Last nights ending to the test match was greater than any T20 that has ever been played. Real cricket

5 Likes

I agree, from experience chasing down any total can do funny things, but heck Maxwell, Maddinson and Handscomb all threw their wicket away. All three of those wickets were inexcusable for cricketers of their experience.

1 Like

They needed over 10 an over when maxwell, maddison went out. They couldn’t just hit ones. They needed to play some big shots they just played poorly executed big shots. Even Stoinis, Handscomb looking for boundaries was ok to get the rate down so it didn’t get to the last over. They just played very ordinary shots.

AFLX. At least with T20 I can enjoy the spectacle somewhat whist waiting for my test match first love (well second to EFC)

1 Like

And therein lies the problem. Ordinary shots. Upping the run-rate doesn’t need to mean reckless batting, look at how Christian and Cooper went about it. Worked the field, respected the good balls and punished the bad ones. That is literally all the stars needed to do.

1 Like

In all honesty, I suspect the sporting integrity cops will be looking very very VERY closely at the betting patterns in the last 30 minutes of that match.

If that had happened nearly anywhere else in the world we’d all be rolling our eyes at how obviously fixed the outcome was.

1 Like

I was just about to stop watching when Stoinis got out. Was almost unloseable from there.

I said the same thing to a mate after it, and had the same thought after Friday Nights incredible turnaround as well, … but having never watched more than 5 or 10 minutes of it before then, I wasn’t sure how common such things are in this format, … but, yeah.

and at least T20 resembles cricket. In fact it is still very much cricket, just a shortened format.

Can’t really say the same for AFLX.

1 Like

If by shortened you mean, not allowed to bounce batsmen or bowl 1mm down legside, not allowing your best bowlers to bowl a decent amount of overs, having fielding restrictions, smaller boundaries then yeah it’s similar.
Both AFLX and T20 are highly bastardised versions of good sports

4 Likes

I get the restrictions in T20, but at least when I watch it I still see a game of cricket.
I love test cricket the most.
Have a soft spot for 50-overs.
And T20 has grown on me and I watch it with interest.

Maddinson should’ve been sent out after the first wicket and told to score quickly, he is the last guy I’d want batting at 5 or 6 in a situation like that.

The blame for the choke can be evenly placed on all the stars batsmen, Stoinis and Dunk a little less.

Fingers crossed 2019 is the year of Red and Black!!

I love filet mignon therefore hamburgers are ■■■■

Well without bacon anyway.

Was a ripper indeed. Test cricket can be awesome, no doubt, but a day out at T20, especially if it’s a good close game, is brilliant entertainment.

Good win by the Renegades. Didn’t think the Renegades had made enough runs.

Very glad Karma is still biting at Eddie.

Renegades made their usual score which is in the 130 to 150 range - It’s been their bowling which has been their strength in this tournament.