Cricket Part III

The A squad is now used for it’s precise purpose, player development. There’s a reason why it only last one summer… a very good reason.

That rubbish Sri Lanka attack has South Africa 3-15 in the first half-hour. Edgar and Amla bowled in successive balls by Fernando. Bavuma hit it downwards and over off stump on the hat-trick ball then ran himself out at the beginning of the next over. Just took off when Markram hit it straight to mid on then out by a yard going back. Direct hit.

South Africa brought in debutant Wiaan Mulder to replace the injured Philander.

Amla’s first golden in Test cricket.

3 Likes

According to some SL only played bad when they played us and didn’t really try to win. Played well against NZ and now RSA, but we just got them when they were the worst side going around.

1 Like

Thought against NZ they played poorly, that incredible innings by De silva and Mendis saved them in one test (And rain). Comprehensively beaten the next test.

But agree, we did play well against them and they were pretty good. Not in the same group as India but they weren’t exactly Zimbabwe

They were reasonable in the first game, uncompetitive in Canberra.

Sri Lanka were Ok versus NZ and awful against Australia. I suppose if you have three away tours which are back to back then its likely you will struggle in one of the series.

They had us on the ropes early in Canberra with 3 quick wickets. Game was done by tea on Day 1 though.

7/157. Interesting.

Saffas batting depth is nearly as bad as ours, Amlas cooked and has been for a while now, Faff getting on, no more AB, Markam is very very good and De ■■■■ getting back in some form. Bowling is top notch but you just cannot play 5 bowlers like they did last test when your batters are poo

All out for 222

Richie having a chuckle to himself in the big house.

2 Likes

Sri Lanka left-arm spinner Lasith Embuldeniya is almost certainly out of the Port Elizabeth Test after severely dislocating his left thumb while attempting to take a return catch on Thursday, the opening day.

Embuldeniya left the field immediately clutching a warped and ■■■■■■ thumb, before an X-ray revealed the extent of his injury. It is such a bad dislocation that Embuldeniya will likely undergo surgery on Thursday evening. He is expected to take six weeks to recover fully.

Serves him right for dropping the simplest of caught and bowled’s.

Saffers skittled for 128 second dig.
Lankans are 2/60 at stumps and need 137 more to win.
18 wickets for the day

3 Likes

the windies have rolled england in the ODI

2 Likes

Richie’s not in the big house. As I understand it, he’s dead.

1 Like

When he says “Big House”, . I think he’s referring to that “Great Long Room in the Sky”

1 Like

Cricket is an amazing game. A few days ago we chased down 364 only 4 wickets down. Today we couldn’t chase 289.

West Indies bowled really well

1 Like

I wonder if Sri Lanka will collapse or make it, I just can’t believe they might win this series 2-0 after what they showed us.

1 Like

2/108.

89 to win.

Steyn just taken for 3 fours.

If SL win this match I reckon it has to be the biggest upset series win since the West Indies beat England

hot damn, this crowd got some banging tunes in the background