Cricket Part III

Harris out for 65 with the Vics needing 36 more. Dean on 58.

And Pucovski lbw for 0

And Dean lbw for 61

Would be a major choke, Melbourne Stars-style.

7 wicket win

Looks like Richardson dislocated his elbow, OUCH!

Finch back to back 100’s. Back in form or just avoiding Bumrah?
How have we won 5 ODI’s on the trot in the subcontinent?

3 Likes

Aided by flat decks. Finch and most Aussies have traditionally not had too many problems on pitches that don’t offer much

Have you watched us for the last 2 years? We’'ve been putrid everywhere and anywhere. Seems like they’re playing the right combination though, more spin overs in the middle is going to be the order of the day in the WC.

2 Likes

How are the Pakistani bowlers these days?

Have to be happy with this sort of form heading towards the WC. It’s a nice positive build up to the WC going in with confidence and form.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong. Couldn’t have come at a better time. Few selection headaches which are nice to have for the right reasons.

1 Like

And go in as not the favourites but in with a good chance to win. Given the last year or so, being the hunter rather than the hunted may be a good thing for them.

2 Likes

I definitely think being the hunter helps us in this instance. Not sure about winning it, but we will definitely be the team that nobody wants to play.

Warner dominated in his return to the IPL the other night.

Pending fitness, I feel the last batting spot for the World Cup squad comes down to S Marsh vs Turner. At this stage Marsh is getting preferred. I think with Smith back the bowling option added by Turner may swing it his way.

Turner has shoulder issues so cant bowl at present and unlikely to change for WC or even at all as apparently bowling is the only thing that has been causing his issues.

not to mention that with Maxwell, Lyon and Zampa all likely to go to England I’m not sure we’d need another spinning option. Plus Finch.

Khawaja
Finch
Marsh
Maxwell
Turner
Handscomb
Carey
Stoinis
Smith
Warner

That’s 10 batsmen who could all make a strong case for WC selection

I’d predict all 10 to be in the squad plus 5/6 bowlers; Starc, Cummins, Richo?, Zampa, Lyon are the likely one. Coulter-Nile the frontrunner with Hazlewood, Stanlake, KRichardson and possibly even Pattinson all options as well.

Finch ©
Smith
Warner
Usman
Maxwell
Marsh
Handscomb
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Coulter-Nile
Starc
Lyon
Zampa
Insert spare paceman here

I think we should take a 16-man squad and include Turner as an extra middle-order batsman. Hopefully, Richardson will be right for the WC, 2 months might be cutting it close though.

I think we will take the maximum number of players allowed in the squad, 15.

1 Like

Fark the rules, bring a spare

edit: or leave Marsh at home