Cricket Part III

Yeah just a stone cold dropped catch. Diabolically bad umpiring but entirely unsurprising for county umps who make our domestic officials look first rate.

I liked what Ponting had to say about that, heā€™d be telling them to expect the absolute worst and if it isnā€™t thatā€™ll be a bonus.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦Iā€™d sort of assumed that he hurled it in the air then dropped it on the way down. But it was a looped hit back from the batsman.

Iā€™ve got to say I dropped an easy c&b like that once in a granny, but didnā€™t claim Iā€™d caught it. Luckily he got out the same over.

Hope you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  are ready for more of this!!!

:fist: :eggplant: :sweat_drops:

Practice game at Allan Border field today. Australia a pretty strong team. NZ basically a second XI.

Cummins 2 wickets in the first over, but NZ have recovered to about 2-40 off 10

Big chunk of the Black Caps squad still at the IPL I think.

Australiaā€™s XI today (not sure of batting order):

Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Carey
Stoinis
Cummins
Coulter-Nile
Bherendorf
Zampa

Easy catch just dropped.

By some guy in the crowd

1 Like

World record ODI opening partnership overnight by the Windies against Ireland
John Campbell and Shai Hope put on 365 for the opening wicket before Campbell was dismissed for 179 in the 47th over. Hope was dismissed for 170

3 Likes

Using 12 players today. Richardson has bowled as well

Yes Guptil and Williamson were playing for the Sunrisers yesterday. We must be putting more value in these games than the Kiwis.

With two key players to reintegrate I can see why weā€™re taking seriously. Equally, I can see how the Black Caps canā€™t afford to enforce pulling their players out of other well paid commitments.

3 Likes

NZ got 216. Australia cruised to victory with a couple of overs to spare. Oh, and 1 wicket

Let me guess, Finch out cheaply, LBW or Bowled

I think he top scored with about 50.

Warner 39
Smith 22
Marsh 15.

Thatā€™s about all I know

Finch made 52

Story of the day Warnerā€™s well compiled 39 according to cricket.com.au

Thatā€™s good to hear.

Finch is probably our most important batsmen this tournament if he hits a good patch of form thereā€™ll be some big big scores posted.

A lot riding on the top 4 to be consistently posting scores and no falling cheaply or batting too slowly.

You misspelled Glenn Maxwell.

2 Likes

Maxwell, you pretty much know what youā€™re gonna get. With the way they use him, they need that solid start otherwise he is left with too much to do, with not a lot of support.

That is the very antithesis of Maxwell for basically forever until the last ~6mths. Youā€™ve never known what youā€™re gonna get. Heā€™s shown maturity and poise now, he can do any job required, not just slog at the end.