Cricket Part III

Hawthorn “power rangers” jumper

I probably am offending someone but it’s more that the scenario personifies absolute justice and may give him insight to what his victim went through.

If I wanted to be really preachy and self righteous I’d start going “I’ve got a daughter etc” so I’m obviously the only one in a position to pass any type of judgement.

Anyway, hope he comes out a better person.

Nah, it’s cool - I was just being sarcastic on the modern race to be most outraged about something…

1 Like

I thought you where but figured it was a good point to clarify in case someone was offended.

Happy days.

Hawthorn Harlequin jumper.

1 Like

Was this posted?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/pakistan-hasan-ali-claims-controversial-catch-001553632.html

wow…wtf???
what was the umpire doing? There is no possible way that can be out

If John says it’s out, it’s out.

1 Like

So we’ve pulled all our guys out of the IPL for the last handful of games and the finals to participate in the warm up matches next week in Brisbane. Warner leaves the tournament as the leading run scorer by so far it’s not funny. Every chance it’ll stay that way with the next two blokes on the list (KL Rahul and Dre Russ) some 170 and 200 runs back respectively.

And some numbskulls thought this bloke wouldn’t walk straight back into the national side…

4 Likes

sounds like he has something to prove

and/or

the “break” freshened him up and did him the world of good

1 Like

a measure of both I’m sure.

His biggest test will be dealing with the media hype and the English fans.

They could spur him on, they could get under his skin, I’m sure it’ll be a good show either way.

I think people are getting a touch carried away with the whole English fans and sledging thing… like they don’t cop it all day every day every time we tour there…

1 Like

You’d certainly prefer that Hasan Ali held that ball a little longer before throwing it up in the air. Vision was a bit inconclusive for me to see how he threw it up.

That’s because he didn’t.

1 Like

I just saw it go back, then go up in the air then hit the ground. Surely you’ve got to clench your hand around the ball at some point to claim you were in control of the ball.

I couldn’t see the action which propelled the ball skyward.

he just dropped it cold. This was not a Herschelle Gibbs moment, just a simple dropped catch.

2 Likes

He dropped it then scooped down, pretended to pick it up and throw it in the same motion.

The action that sent the ball skyward was the swipe that caught the top edge of the bat. It landed in his hands, then immediately spilled to the turf, then he picks it up and throws it as if caught, and stooges what in this instance actualy qualifies to be termed the CHUMPire

I just watched it again, and bar the first playing, the clip on that page stalled during the delivery, and only started playing again after the bowler had caught/dropped it, so I’m assuming that might be the issue here.

The original tweet plays cleanly, …

2 Likes