Cricket Part III

Yeah, it works ok for nearly everyone. Finishing as you say, at 12 am on the East Coast when most are on Hols and Cricket tragics/test lovers will watch the lot, some might go to bed a bit earlier but watch most, … it will end at 11 in Qld, 11.30 in SA. & 9pm for those in the West itself. Sounds like a schedule that will maximise viewership and therefore Dollars.

I’m ok with it too.

If you’re a proper tragic you should be normalised to it by then

1 Like

The Perth day night test makes perfect sense given we are playing New Zealand… I’m sure their fans are looking forward to a 2am finish.

1 Like

Mmm, didn’t realise that. Oh well,… sucks to be them eh?

(In all seriousness, … it now seems a bit dumb in that case)

1 Like

Pink ball at Perth might mean it’s over by Day 2 or 3 :rofl:

Reckon that was happening regardless. It is NZ after all.

Erm…that’s the number two ranked Test nation in the world, you’re talking about.

1 Like

Yeah and we’re gonna belt them sideways like we always do.

For any other test playing nation it makes sense, but oh no Cricket Australia roll out the Perth day night test against the Kiwis.

1 Like

The way we performed at home against India last year doesn’t fill me with confidence. The Kiwis are a very well organised team and their quicks will give us a run for our money on our harder decks if they get their lengths sorted.

Cam White given the Chaminda by Cricket Victoria. Herald Sun bemused. Is anyone else? Really?

Without our two best batsmen and on wickets tailored to the Indians? Yeah nah, we’ll smoke the Black Caps out here.

Granted we were missing our two best bats, but our top 6 is still very questionable with Smith and Warner. However you are seriously underating the Kiwis. Boult and Southee are world class bowlers, while Wagner is a great support bowler. de Grandhomme is an explosive all rounder and their best spinner in Sauntner is back to fitness now. As for their batting, Williamson is in the top 4 bats in world, while Taylor is also a gun. With Latham and Nicholls now coming through they have very few obvivious weaknesses.

Also I am completely certain our wickets weren’t tailored to the Indians strengths over ours. They certainly weren’t bunsen burners.

The time had come, but I felt like he had a decent season in the SS, not sure what the stats say. And is he keeping anyone out?

Painey
JL

Jye Richardson ruled out of the WC after not coming up from the shoulder injury. Kane Richardson called up.

except when they come here, as their records clearly show.

no they were just stripped of pace and bounce and fed the Indian’s strength which is actually their seamers.

Right - so the wickets were tailored for India’s seamers but not ours… May I borrow your tin foil hat sometime?

Tailored the wrong choice of words. Not made to order but absolutely suited. CA were more concerned with 5 day tests then giving us the best opportunity to win, as they always are and have been on record as stating as much, and subsequently pitches were prepared in a manner to promote 5 days tests and the by product being that they suited the Indian seamers who are extremely good on slower drier wickets. It’s no surprise that the one pacey and bouncy wicket used for the series (Perth) resulted in a comprehensive victory for Australia. Had the 1st test been played in Brisbane we almost certainly wouldn’t have lost the series, even if we still didn’t win it.
That series was set up for India to win, from the outset, not necessarily deliberately but as a byproduct of circumstance.

2 Likes