Cricket Part III

Given the choice, and you could only choose one, what would be your choice - the Urn or the WC? I’d choose the Urn as it’s on English soil. It’s been a while since we’ve done that! Besides, it would be greedy to take a sixth. :wink:

1 Like

No way! I wanna see some cricket. How 'bout a tie? :wink:

2 Likes

I’d take the Ashes over a WC but don’t really rate our chances in either. Don’t think we will have a willingness to bat to English conditions which will cost us at least two tests.

I want England to win back the ashes. I would love to see a WC victory but i want the ashes so much more

1 Like

Thanks for this. I loved the AFL one. Can’t wait to listen to this one

2 Likes

I’m really excited for tonight. I tip England to win it, we should make the semis as a minimum then from there it depends on the SF match-up. NZ are always a good value bet but their bowling attack looks a bit toothless. I know you can take warm-up games with a grain of salt but the Windies took them to the cleaners. They don’t have a bloke who can bowl gas and blast anyone out with sheer pace. They are all around the mid-130s. Unless conditions suit they will go the journey on those smaller English grounds. I fancy WI to go further than most would think. They can be very destructive with the bat. Bowling will be the issue.

And if you asked me about World Cup v Ashes win, Ashes every single day of the week. Not even close. If we had never won a WC then maybe as a once-off you take it, but we haven’t won an away series since 2001. Still have my doubts about our ability to bat in English conditions with a red Duke ball.

Sth Africa win the toss and send the smurfs, sorry England, into bat.

strange decision to bowl first but Tahir gets Bairstow 2nd ball of the innings, 1/1

1 Like

Maybe not when you consider England’s record when chasing. Could be a bit of “Do what the opposition would least like you to do” about it.

Id be getting Rabada on now.

Pretty much, we love to bat 2nd and chase. I would of been very surprised if SA chose to bat first

1 Like

Poms bring the 100 up off 17 overs. Roy 50, Root on 40-odd. Very much the calm before the storm, building towards a high-300s score, could even get to 400…

Just got home from work - turned the tv on. Have seen 6 balls in which 2 wickets have fallen for 8.

Clearly England are just going to go hard all day with the bat. Can’t wait for it to come unstuck for them in the semis or the final.

1 Like

They still have Buttler, Moeen and Woakes to come. Archer at 11 is ridiculous. Has a FC average around the 30 mark. They’ll be happy to knock it about for the next 5-6 over, consolidate and go again…

Archer with the ball is going to be their key. If he can take wickets it will make a huge difference given bowling is their weakness.

Important wicket and a great catch. Now it’s Buttler v Rabada. Superstar v superstar. High stakes. This is why I love the WC.

1 Like

I actually haven’t seen that much of archer, is he a wicket taker or more of a containment bowler. I must admit I was very surprised not to see Curran in the side

Buttler just went out, DAMN!!!

Saffies are in this match up to their necks… In fact, I’d have 'em favourites right now.

14 Likes