Cricket Part III

This comment didn’t age very well! For me the South Africans paced their innings perfectly, especially after losing 3 wickets relatively early.

3 Likes

The drop by Carey of Faf early in his innings, and the belated review of the lbw from Miller we’re telling incidents.

Stoinis out, hitting one straight to backward point. Another 10 overs of him would’ve made things interesting. 4/146 off 30.

Don’t get why we are batting Maxwell at 7. Has to be in the top 6.

1 Like

Head needs to go, has failed in all 3 games. I’d like to something like this next year, order obviously interchangable:

Warner
Finch
Smith
S Marsh
Carey
Maxwell
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

2 Likes

Marsh 3, Smith 4 and I think that’s your WC 2019 team…

1 Like

Mitch marsh will be there somewhere.

…I was really hoping nobody was going to pull me up on that

I thought Faf was going way too slow, but in the end he paced it beautifully. He was helped by Miller playing very attacking at the other end too.

Still not sure it will be enough. Australia bats very very deep

1 Like

There has been some serious line ball no balls not called in this game

1 Like

This photo says 2 things;

Warney and Gilchrist are mates again, and

warneys off the Hurley diet

Did you upload the photo?

Sorry don’t know what happened there.

Not much of a photo granted but he’s just sliding back to that tubby spinner that got taken for a bucket load in his first series against India. Actually here’s another photo to back up my nasty, retrospective, fat shaming claims;

Lol.
Shopped.

1 Like

Which one is shopped ?

1 Like

Looks like both are, buy definitely the skinny one

I want to believe.

The only time I’ve ever thought someone had been photo shopped was when herald or someone gave Martin Bryant crazy eyes.

It’s any wonder we are no good at one day cricket now. We don’t play any more matches at state or international level until the new year. Fingers crossed the fixture is righted for next season. The tried and proven interchanging between Shield and domestic one dayers served us well to win 5 world cups. Was a horrible decision to move away from this setup.

2 Likes

Ridiculous that the seasons is done before the shield season.

1 Like

Ben McDermott run out for the fourth time in a row in t20’s. In fairness this one was at the non strikers end after a scorching drive from Max Bryant. But still, must be some kind of record.
CA 11 getting pantsed by SA 2-22 CHASING 200.

1 Like

Kelvin Smith… Max Bryant… who?

It’s alright, Lachlan Pfeffer is in next, then Chris Green.

These are all apparently cricket players.

Glad we’re not doing anything dumb like trial a few guys who do well in state cricket.