Cricket Part III

Wont matter much if our batsman haven’t worked out which end of the thing to hold. :cry:

It may do a bit early but the media wet themselves over a green pitch when the colour can often mean not a lot. They were showing photos last night and one station was saying it would be a bowlers paradise yet they neglected to say the pitch still had to have its final cut and several hours of rolling so will most likely not resemble anything like what they showed.

1 Like

yeah no doubt. It’ll brown off as some of the moisture comes out of it and have a trim this morning but it’s gonna be lively I’d suggest. And if it’s got the sort of pace and bounce that it’s had for the ODI’s they’ve hosted then only a little bit of sideways movement is all it takes.

Nearer to the pin - when will the fact that the Freo doctor can’t get inside the new stadium be mentioned and secondly how many times will this be said during the match.

1 Like

within 3mins of the coverage starting.

1 Like

Before or after Hayden’s 380 or Gilly’s ton in 40 odd balls get a mention?

2 Likes

We chose to bat first:

Closest to the pin.

I’m taking 2/60 in the first session

3/52

1/90

1 Like

1-70

1 Like

Considering the attack India have gone with… it could just as easily be 5/40 as 0/100.

If Yadav and the others have got their “short, down legside” hats on, the runs will flow readily…

That pitch, and choosing to bat shows most of the Aussie team just want to get an early jump on Christmas shopping

As long as our first 6 batsmen can see off the new ball our tailenders should be in with a chance of scoring 200

3 Likes

2/87

Nothing wrong with pitch. 350 should be easily achieved if the batsmen apply themselves

1 Like

So no chance then?

1 Like

I don’t think applying themselves is the problem. It’s their talent

finally Sharma has been called for a NB

1 Like

On the pitch on the right, I assume.