But also some seriously poor death batting from Australia again

Got the strike back.

Couple of boundaries away now.

We have more than enough runs but would be nice to finish well

1 Like

nice bowling the last few overs.

Bugger

Be shocked if they make 240

We definitely need more power strikers in the middle order, can’t carry Marsh and Kawaja

1 Like

Head or Handscomb should be playing.

I don’t quite understand sending Pat in before Starc anyway. In a Test, absolutely. In a one dayer with 12 overs to bat? Yep, ok. But in the final three overs of a one day game with wickets in hand? Yeah nah.

Even Behrendorff is likely to hit a few boundaries, albeit off edges.

Cummins is too text book

CrackPotTheoryTime!! We shouldn’t have brought any spinners with us and just relied on Maxwell, Head, D.Short, Turner any other part-time spinners who can belt the ball around good and stuff.

And I’d have both of those guys in inplace of both SMarsh and Usman

Squad is so out of whack. Really need another finisher to support Maxwell and another front line bowler.

1 Like

We’re not playing Zampa anyway. Why isn’t he or Lyon playing today? If we’re not confident enough to play 'em…

Stoinis is that man but if he’s not fit for our match against Bangladesh then they need to make the call and bring Marsh in. No time to waste now.

nah having 4 opening batsmen playing in the same team in next level genius… trust me

1Warner (Med)
2Finch (Off)
3Smith (RLeg)
4Stoinis (MedFast)
5Head (Off)
6Maxwell (Off)
7D.Short (LLeg)
8Carey+
9Turner (Off)
10Starc
11Cummins

Too far?

Stoinis has issues with slow starts and can soak up a lot of dot balls before he is going.

Handscomb is really the one that should feel hard done by, brilliant in the field, capable backup keeper and super versatile with the bat as he can rebuild, consolidate and finish off an inning; he’s good against spin, can manufacture boundaries, he’s good at strike rotation, he can come in and keep things ticking over and on these smaller fields he’d have enough power to clear the rope pretty comfortably.

1 Like

nice bowling

We can now safely say that Warner’s batting was poor.

1 Like

Yowza. 87 off 10. :hushed: