Cricket Quiz

Try not to check the net for the answer:

Who has the highest % of runs vs Total score in an innings in ODI?

Viv

I reckon Slater in a test made 100+ and the team made 180ish… Wonder what the answer is for tests.

That’s a easy one.
Charlie Bannerman in the first ever test.

Yeah I missed that one, must have been doing something else that day

Ha, I was only a kid then lol.
I only remember that because it was the first ever test and amazing that the record has stood until today and more amazing is that it’s ■■■■■■ good score in today’s cricket let alone back then

Ha, yeah I knew it was the highest score on debut, but not that it was also really high percentage of the total score

Try not to check the net for the answer:

Who has the highest % of runs vs Total score in an innings in ODI?

Viv

I reckon Slater in a test made 100+ and the team made 180ish… Wonder what the answer is for tests.

Kim Hughes made a ton out of less than 200 against the Windies at the G. Probably his best ever innings.

Might have been the day Lillee bowled Richards last ball of the day, leaving them at about 4/10.

The first class.record.is 141 from a total score of 169, 83%

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/37/37233.html

It’s s pity these old cards don’t include balls faced, the team has a slow run rate but was he.going about it warner style or a normal pace?

It’s s pity these old cards don’t include balls faced, the team has a slow run rate but was he.going about it warner style or a normal pace?

Did you see the recent girls game where 1 made 100++ and everyone else made a duck

Did you see the recent girls game where 1 made 100++ and everyone else made a duck

Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Think it was T20 in Seth Efrica, women’s under 19s

Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Think it was T20 in Seth Efrica, women’s under 19s

Sorry missed your post…
Would have been very funny to watch

Can’t believe I missed this thread. Love this stuff.

How about name the batsmen who scored 100s in their first and last tests. Not including one test players or current players. There are 4.

Greg Chappel is the only one I know.
I should know one more recent one.

G. Chappell?

I feel like there’s a South African and an Indian…

Are these Australians or all countries?

Chappell and Azharuddin are the only two I know that did it in their first and last test innings.
Got a hunch Ponsford did it in his first and last tests

Chappell and Azharuddin are the only two I know that did it in their first and last test innings. Got a hunch Ponsford did it in his first and last tests

Ponting copped a shocking lbw for 96 in his first test. Would have broken his hand calling for a review if it had been available and Watson hadn’t used both of them.

Chappell and Azharuddin are the only two I know that did it in their first and last test innings. Got a hunch Ponsford did it in his first and last tests

Correct on all three

And you are right that Chappell and Azharuddin are the only two to do it in first and last innings.

Are these Australians or all countries?

All countries

Remaining one is Australian

Correct on all three

And you are right that Chappell and Azharuddin are the only two to do it in first and last innings.

If you’re right on Punter, then I have got Alzheimers

Martin love?

Correct on all three

If you’re right on Punter, then I have got Alzheimers

Ponsford not Ponting
Martin love?
No I have a feeling it is someone from the late 1800's to early 1900's. That's the only era I'm not too sure on
I know it's only women's cricket but one girl in I think the under 19s scored 160no of 169. The other 9 runs were extras.

That was one of the funniest score cards I’ve ever seen