Cricket - The Ashes Tour, 2019

Obviously. But good luck finding an answer to that question when CA are reluctant to even ask it…

It was Pant…

At keep your butthurt accurate.

Not sure about Manus, but we have already poached Marnus.

Aaaaah the casual racism. Khwaja isn’t white so therefore he’s not an Aussie.

1 Like

If you’re going to have a ping, “at least” get your responses accurate, it was Kholi and Pant!

The facts were Paine came in off no form whatsoever, hence my sarcastic comment in response to Carey having to prove himself first (something Paine never did). Carey is the future, it’s matter of when, not if.

I wasn’t referring to any of those guys. We should definitely be doing more to develop the talent within the Sub-continental communities in Australia though. Hopefully, we will start seeing more coming through with this new generation.

Add the Currans to that list.

1 Like

Ex players (including our former bowling coach McDermott) and fans alike giving it to selectors for choosing Handscombe over Wade

Absolutely should not have had him in top order

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/australians-fume-at-cricket-world-cup-selection-gaffe-as-peter-handscomb-fails/news-story/fbd57f7347fcd9fe4538d015807ce358

I’m kinda glad I wasn’t able to watch yesterday because it sounded grim. Checked my phone intermittently and it looked worse every time I checked and when they were 0/80 odd I stopped checking. Moving around London you wouldn’t even know the game was on which was a blessing yesterday. Plenty to keep me distracted though. :wink:

Would be so nice to see the Black Caps get up on Saturday but just can’t see it happening
I would have said the same on Tuesday though. My fingers are crossed for them.

Morgan

Aren’t Tasmanian’s so defensive of their own???

Paine is garbage and his keeping is nowhere near good enough to give him a spot on its own.

1 Like

Paine is not garbage. He’s ok. But the end is obviously nigh.

So pending fitness, I’d probably run with:

Harris
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
??? Patterson or Burns? Probably Patterson.
Pucovski
Paine.
I’m undecided who slots in at #5. But we’re in -or should be in - a rebuild so I’d absolutely pick for the future here. I’d give Carey a game in tomorrow’s Aus A game , playing as a batsman under Paine. If he adds first class runs to his world cup form, excellent.

Which of Harris, Burns, Pucovski, and Bancroft play the swinging ball better? They have my vote for opener.

Patterson surely gets the nod at 5, I mean it’s early days but he is averaging 145.

I’d be selecting Labuschagne at 6. He is in great form in English conditions and his legspin is more than handy.

With Pattinson in good form, I’d select him for the 1st Test in Edgbaston over Hazlewood. Cummins and Lyon can give us control from one whilst Starc and Patto can ruffle some feathers from the other.

1 Like

Yep, headed there on Sunday for a day out

2 Likes

This is what makes the current situation (ie it’s Paine’s test team) ludicrous. If Carey plays, we can strengthen the team by playing the next best batsman instead of Paine. Paine is a good batter, but not in the same league as pucovski or bancroft who may miss.
Cricket overrates tradition and incumbency. Just pick the best 11 FFS.

This could be the first time in Australian cricket history that we have picked a captain who isn’t in oue best XI. The real problem is there is no other player likely to play with sufficient leadership to captain.

Tim Paine has a first class ave of 29.44, compared to Carey’s ave of 29.43.

So stats suggest Paine is a better batsman.

Edit - I’m ■■■■ at gifs

I think the same thing about Victorians and
Glenn Maxwell