Crowdfunding of an appeal

If the players decide to appeal the CAS decision than I suggest that Essendon supporters create a crowdfunding account.
While the money raised might only be a drop in the ocean when compared with the player’s potential legal bills this is a tangible way we can say that in this fight we stand shoulder to shoulder with the players and believe in their innocence.
What do supporters think?

I want to see Evans pony up some money.

The first question to be asked is will there be an appeal? Not sure.

The second question is - why should we have to fork out cash for it? There are bigger things each of us have to spend our money on and besides if the players want to appeal, they have earned enough to do it themselves.

Finally - why?

Reckon I’d chip in.

Reckon I'd chip in.

Be careful Humbert,you won’t be getting juicy odds on punting against essendon this season.ps .how good is my memory.

Reckon I'd chip in.

me too

thousands of Bomber supporters will support a fighting fund. Look how much money blitz was able to raise in just a few days for the poster campaigns

we’ve all been sitting on our hands for 3 years hoping those in charge will fix this mess

it would be an opportunity for us all to do something

If you collected just $1 from everyone at a match - it would be $40k each week

It just needs to be run scrupulously so that there is no hint of a rip off.

If the guys decide to appeal - we need to do something to show our support

I think it’s a good idea and I would certainly put in.

In.

I have received very good support for the idea on Facebook sites. Therefore I have sent an email to the AFL players association to see if the boys are comfortable about the idea and also help from the AFLPA setting up the account. I think it would have more credibility if the account was linked to the AFLPA and people donating could be confident money was being delivered into the right hands.

The right hands?
The AFLPA?

Really?

The right hands? The AFLPA?

Really?

Needs to be someone supporters will trust to correctly use the money raised. If you have an alternative group/person other than ALFPA I am happy to hear.

The right hands? The AFLPA?

Really?

Needs to be someone supporters will trust to correctly use the money raised. If you have an alternative group/person other than ALFPA I am happy to hear.

Get a supporter group like the Essondonians to set ump a trust fund.

I don’t think it is a good idea. Theory sounds good, but these players are very well paid by community standards. The AFLPA is already talking about $50m in compensation.
I personally would have preferred to see this level of support for Jackson Taylor and his one man fight against the AFL, would have had a far better outcome in the long term IMHO, .
The players will appeal or not, and any amount contributed by fans wont/shouldnt make any different to their decision making process.

I don’t mind a bit of symbolic support. Show some solidarity!

Gave JT $50, would do the same for the players if they appeal .

I think its more important to make sure that suspended players are given a Standing Ovation and MORE when they attend Essendon home games - Show to the world we support our players.

I think its more important to make sure that suspended players are given a Standing Ovation and MORE when they attend Essendon home games - Show to the world we support our players.

Why not both?

Jesus some people have more money than sense, these guys make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and people want to give them more money to help them because they ■■■■■■ up? Unbelievable.

The first question to be asked is will there be an appeal? Not sure.

The second question is - why should we have to fork out cash for it? There are bigger things each of us have to spend our money on and besides if the players want to appeal, they have earned enough to do it themselves.

Finally - why?

Could’ve just said no.

I would consider funding a pitch invasion…must be nimble and able to dodge security for an entertaining length of time…and take a hard-hitting sign.

Reckon I'd chip in.

Where do I sign up?