Crowing about Justin

So we didn’t play joe 3 games in 2 weeks 2 years in a row?
We don’t have 3 of our best and more players out with soft tissue injuries?
We aren’t running a shitload less in games compared to other team?
Not sure what your point is.

1 Like

mostly likely.
but last season was the first season he’d played almost every game in awhile wasn’t it ?
surely it’s not just luck that it didn’t go last year ?

wouldn’t it be the same premise that if you’re not fit enough to begin with to cope with the rigors of afl footy, then you’re more likely to re injure yourself ?

Maybe losing Turk and not getting someone to replace him is what has led to these injuries?

Smith missed a lot of the early pre season I think.

Devon cannot be compared to the other players because the club knew exactly what they were getting when they got it. Just bad luck it happened this quickly.

1 Like

I’m not complaining about his management, but just making the point that he was treated with care.

I wasn’t suggesting he wasn’t if that’s the way what I wrote sounded.

that was a massive red flag for mine. Pretty sure they have got someone pulling double duty and overlooking the fitness stuff with the players.

The club knew he was going to leave and a replacement wasn’t lined up. For a professional club with the resources we have, that sort of situation is unnaceptable

2 Likes

Well I wasn’t too concerned at the time as I assume that a high up at club thought the remaining staff had the skillsets necessary to perform Turks role. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but did we overestimate the ability of the remaining staff to take on his responsibilities?

1 Like

Which 3 games in 11 days? Last season? That was shocking.

Some are saying this season but I cant think of when.

If Joey can’t play a few games in a short period after a year off then he probably needed the surgery anyway. It’s better than them giving him every second or 3rd game off for the year and then working out he’s still cooked at the end of the season and missing half of next year.

1 Like

3 in 11 last year.
3 in 16 this year.

imo absolutely

1 Like

If there wasn’t some sort of ‘luck’ involved in injuries we’d have figured out how to prevent them long ago.

1 Like

Joe rhymes with Crow.
Devon rhymes with Seven.
Drapes rhymes with Crepes.

If Crow ate 7 crepes each day our injury curse would be lifted. He just needs to go all frenchy then we’re in the clear.

2 Likes

Looks like EFC has sent the ewok over the edge.

2 Likes

3 in 16 is not unreasonable. Had a 10-day break between pies and cats and then 13 days between cats and Freo (skipped Sydney game)

1 Like

It is in fact, … umm, normal.

Saturday to Saturday to Saturday, … is 15 days.

1 Like

Wasn’t crow the guy who famously called someone “a bit backy” in the preseason once? If that’s the case WTF show him the door

Outstanding logic!!

Incredible.

1 Like