Too short?

Are you talking about me, or my reply?

great insights

also, seems as though hooker will be a defender

1 Like

And maybe Langford more forward.

1 Like

I like the Langford forward more thing

I don’t see hooker, Hurley, Ambrose, Francis working in the same back line but I guess we’ll wait and see.

2 Likes

A depression is a place in the atmosphere where air rises in a spiral. As it does so, it drags in air from the surroundings.

In the tropics this will grow and grow until it becomes a hurricane

So mass depression on Blitz is probably described in hurricane or cyclone terms.
As in
At the moment Cyclone Conor is making Blitz-fall.
Having just recovered from Hurricane Daniher, emergency services are expecting dozens of call outs over the next week

3 Likes

Enjoy this one:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-essendon-injury-list-kane-cornes-concerns-over-essendons-injury-list-joe-daniher-conor-mckenna/news-story/ae022b2725ba5b98cb9ded9e1191b580

Text summary from EFC site below.

For me a real test will be when the pressure in on during a match and whether the players can maintain their new game plan and the improvements they have worked on… rather than revert to bad habits and non-confidence football.

Shiel: ‘No complete 180’ on 2020 game style

Dylan Shiel says Essendon won’t turn its back on its fast and exciting brand in 2020.

4 hrs

Dylan Shiel is confident the Bombers can stand up on a more consistent basis in 2020. (Photo: AFL Photos)

Star Bomber Dylan Shiel says Essendon won’t turn its back on its fast and exciting brand as the side strives to develop a more consistent game style.

Shiel admitted the run-and-gun tactics that have featured prominently in Essendon’s recent seasons can be a double-edged sword at times, but he said the Dons should continue to embrace the strengths of the dynamic squad.

“We’re not going to try to be a team that we’re not,” Shiel said on 3AW on Thursday.

“We’ve got strengths, we’ve got speed and guys who are able to move the ball quickly, so we’re not going to do a complete 180 on who we are and how we can move the ball.

“We’re just trying to evolve and improve it, and if that means not going fast all the time then that’s what will be required.”

Much of the side’s scoring in 2019 was driven by the aggressive and counterattacking nature of its backline, led by dashing defenders Conor McKenna and Adam Saad who finished first and second in the league for running bounces for the second year on the trot.

And while only minor adjustments to the game plan are expected, Shiel said he is confident it can stand up on a more consistent basis this year.

“It’s low percentage to be able to score from fast play in the defensive 50 and that was a key strength of Essendon. It’s just understanding what is the best and most consistent way to score when you’re not compromised defensively at the other end.

“There were probably times throughout the year where our strength and our speed was also our biggest weakness and we were exposed at the other end.

“Teams that have a really good balance between offence and defence and have great balance around the ground were able to get the job done on us, but that’s something that we’ve been working on.

“In terms of difference of game style, there is going to be no difference. We’re still going to have our own identity at the Bombers, but we’re just going to be trying to be more consistent and have a really good balance from offence to defence.

In terms of difference of game style, there is going to be no difference. We’re still going to have our own identity at the Bombers, but we’re just going to be trying to be more consistent and have a really good balance from offence to defence.

• Dylan Shiel

“Ben Rutten is head of the defence and Blake (Caracella) has come over from Richmond and is head of the offence and we think they’re complementing each other really well.”

The Bombers will get their first chance to put the tactics on show when they take on West Coast in the Marsh Community Series on February 27.

2 Likes

So, more kicks on the 45 to be expected then. Good.

Rutten + Caracella = game plan + educating players and coaches in said plan. Thank friggin goodness real change is happening ‘cause the last 4 years of mediocrity has been mind-numbingly bereft of any credibility. Worry for this year though is the sharing of senior coaching roles and the likelihood of confusing players with mixed messages + less than 100% buy-in. Look at Roos’ last year with Goodwin as an example… didn’t turn out so well. Little wonder gloom surrounds Essendon‘s 2020 season.

1 Like

Bob Murphy chipping in with the “I don’t like the coaching hand over will cause issues for Essendon”

I don’t remember Melbourne copping these type of headlines when the Roos to Goodwin handover was happening why is Essendon any different?

3 Likes

Can’t think of anything that would have been happening in September 2013 that would have been taking all the football headlines?

1 Like

That didn’t happen in 2013. 2016 was the last year Roos coached with Goodwin doing the apprenticeship

Oops, yeah, it wasn’t 2013. They hired Goodwin in 2014 with a three year succession plan. I thought they signed Roos and Goodwin at the same time.

1 Like

Wasn’t even sure what the point of it was. Read like a big footy post

If you take the “ournal” out you get jis m

Because we’re Essendon!

Media it would appear pretty much hate our club. Apparently Da Wayne Wussell was banging on about how farked our club is when he was on SEN the other day. What the fark would he know, but he said it anyway.

The one good thing that came from the saga for me, is I shut the media out. By the way are SWSNBN, Fatprick & Greg Venom sill around?

1 Like

Trying to stay relevant is Bob.
Bob who?

2 Likes

Don’t think Dwayne Russell was giving us a serve the other, but Kane Cornes was laying into us both Thursday and Friday. He reckoned only Gold Coast are worse and we are farked. He also said Fark Carlton will make the eight.