David 'Batshit Crazy' Avocado Wolfe Coming to Australia to Spread his Anti-Vax Refuse

I knew this guy was anti-vax, anti-solar, a health “guru” and a total charlatan. I had no idea he thought gravity was a conspiracy and that the planet was flat though. How the fark can people not point and laugh at him?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/david-wolfe-flat-earther-brings-antivax-message-to-australia/news-story/01f9e1c60f9a9fe273f2f695e7ebf514

David Wolfe: Flat Earther brings anti-vax message to Australia
JANE HANSEN, News Limited
February 26, 2017 9:58am

RENOWNED international ‘wellness’ guru and antivaccination proponent David ‘Avocado’ Wolfe has raised the hackles of health experts and parents in the Byron Shire regarding his upcoming visit on March 16 in Byron Bay.

Critics says the event, which promises Wolfe will “give Byron Bay the latest download on “how the world really works” will provide a platform to mislead parents on the issue of vaccination.

The shire is renowned for the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Only 46 per cent of five-year-old’s in Mullumbimby, and 61 per cent of Byron Bay children are fully vaccinated compared to the national average of 92 per cent.
Controversial American health spokesman David “Avocado” Wolfe.

Alison Gaylard, co-founder of the Northern Rivers Vaccination Supporters group based in Mullumbimby said the area was a magnet for conspiracy theorists and anti-vaccine advocates who are embraced by a community that prides itself on being alternative, if not misinformed.

“He is a well-known anti-vaxxer and in among his inspirational memes thousands share on Facebook, he also posts misinformation about vaccination and people like Wolfe are drawn to this area for that reason, they find the echo chamber they need,” Ms Gaylard said.

Two babies, including Dana McCaffery lost their lives to whooping cough during the 2009-12 epidemic in the region which researchers pinpointed as the epicentre due to the low vaccination rates in the area.
An alarming number of mothers have embraced the anti-vax message. Picture: Megan Slade.

David Wolfe, who refers to himself as “the rock star and Indiana Jones of the superfoods and longevity universe” and boasts “the world’s top CEOs, ambassadors, celebrities, athletes, artists, and the real superheroes of this planet — mums — all look to David for expert advice in health, beauty, herbalism, nutrition, and chocolate.” He incorrectly states on his website that “a growing body of evidence indicates that vaccines are not safe and that they can injure, permanently maim, or even kill you or a family member”. There is no such body of evidence.

Ms Gaylard and the NRVS has sent an open letter to the host of the upcoming seminar, Jing Organics requesting they not provide a venue for misinformation.

“Hosting anti vaccination activists in this area does nothing to help accurately inform the community about vaccines; but it does place them at risk by exposing them to falsehoods that could easily lead them to stop vaccinating themselves and their children.

We see this as a Public Health issue and ask that you support us in our efforts to prevent the spread of misinformation like that which Mr. Wolfe has spoken about in the past,” the letter reads.

Local paediatrician Dr Chris Ingall said hosting such people ‘just creates further confusion and misleads people’.

“We see a high prevalence of vaccine preventable illnesses here that take a real toll on children and parents. These people like Wolfe land up here with these ill-informed views which may change the minds of some people and that can have a ripple effect which puts families at risk,” Dr Ingall said. On Thursday, Sydney company Mr Vitamins cancelled a sponsored David Wolfe appearance in Chatswood after a social media backlash against the company.

Owner of Jing Organics Adam Kingsley said he did not care about the concerns of people and hoped David Wolfe would spread the anti-vaccine message.

“I’m anti-vaccine, I’m publicly open about that, just because stuff is peer reviewed doesn’t mean it’s true. David Wolfe is a world health expert,” Mr Kingsley said.

David Wolfe calls himself a nutritionist, believes the world is flat and claims gravity is a hoax.

Mr Kingsley claimed vaccines cause autism because he is in the health industry, (he makes saukraut and fermented foods and sell organic products) and he speak to mothers whose children have autism.

There are over 100 international studies that have debunked the link first put forward by struck off doctor Andrew Wakefield.

I wouldn’t say I’m pro-vax, but I’m not anti-vax, think people should be given a choice (no, I don’t have kids)

But the rest of his argument is complete rubbish. For the flat-earthers, are the images sent back from the ISS a government cover-up?

Gravity is a hoax?

I knew those carnts running Big Universe were lying to me.

2 Likes
I wouldn't say I'm pro-vax, but I'm not anti-vax, think people should be given a choice (no, I don't have kids)

But the rest of his argument is complete rubbish. For the flat-earthers, are the images sent back from the ISS a government cover-up?

Yeah, a simple choice. Immunise your kids or keep them away from others.

A thread is wasted on this lunatic who preys on people’s fears. Should be in a psych ward.

I wouldn't say I'm pro-vax, but I'm not anti-vax, think people should be given a choice (no, I don't have kids)

Try checking out the curve in the horizon while he’s flying over. Or, even, you know, at the beach.

A thread is wasted on this lunatic who preys on people's fears. Should be in a psych ward.

This same article has been posted in social media and has since disappeared from it. Presumably because he, or some cultist has had it removed. I think it’s worth getting out there.

He thinks the world is flat? Dinkum? Nah, let him speak.

Vaccines were great, during school got to miss a whole class for it.

Gravity is a hoax?

I knew those carnts running Big Universe were lying to me.

It’s farking Google Sky trying to control us all ffs

A bit of bipartisanship for once on the government’s no jab no pay policy, which seems to be working - see Science Alert of 3 August 2016
sciencealert.com
Some US scientists propose How to Argue with Anti-Vaxxers.
See

When you look at the life threatening diseases which have caused so much damage but which have been virtually eradicated in the West through vaccination, to my mind ant- vaxxers are being negligent towards their kids and to others through spread of disease to those who for various reasons cannot be immunised.
It is bit like saying every Muslim is a potential terrorist.

Nope. One of those things where public wellbeing should override the opportunity to choose. Anti-vaxxers believe spending five minutes reading crack-pot websites makes them informed, when they just spread out and out bullshit. Vaccinate your kids, or the government should do it compulsorily (obviously excluding those who have a genuine allergy to them)
1 Like

I’m usually pretty tolerant of people who have views and joins different to my own, but not anti-vaxxers: they’re fkn idiots.

1 Like

Agree, let him speak. We are a free country with freedom of speech. Which means we have the right to point out this guy is a complete f’wit.

The issue is the media. Instead of reporting and investigating, the media give both sides equal time and validity and focus on volatile debate. F@kin lazy journalism. This is what turns countries stupid. An opposing voice shouldn’t automatically be given equal time and validity for the sake of being an opposing voice. The media needs to call out crack pots and investigate wild claims that oppose the majority of scientific study.

In a perfect world, we allow this ■■■■ to speak, the media gives him little airtime, investigates the claims and simply exposes them for the lies they are. The public then gets to move onto their lives without listening to this ridiculous debate where the stupid latch on to charlatans like this.

Agree to a point but he’s not here to talk about the earth being flat, he’s here to rile up a crowd of anti-vaxers and some of these people have put One Nation where they are now. This ■■■■ is dangerous.

I hate this guy, because Facebook is polluted with his batshit crazy posts. Couldn’t care less if he comes here to talk, just don’t want to see his stuff anymore.

1 Like

Agree, let him speak. We are a free country with freedom of speech. Which means we have the right to point out this guy is a complete f’wit.

The issue is the media. Instead of reporting and investigating, the media give both sides equal time and validity and focus on volatile debate. F@kin lazy journalism. This is what turns countries stupid. An opposing voice shouldn’t automatically be given equal time and validity for the sake of being an opposing voice. The media needs to call out crack pots and investigate wild claims that oppose the majority of scientific study.

In a perfect world, we allow this ■■■■ to speak, the media gives him little airtime, investigates the claims and simply exposes them for the lies they are. The public then gets to move onto their lives without listening to this ridiculous debate where the stupid latch on to charlatans like this.

The media does not validate these claims. Well at least the mainstream media I read. Can you point me to an article in the mainstream press that recognises the legitimacy of people like Wolfe? The articles I’ve read about anti-vaccers exclusively debunk their claims.

My cousin is a crack pot like this clown. Didn’t vaccinate kids because autism even though her first child has autism without being vaccinated. She has a walking contradiction to her beliefs right in front of her but it doesn’t change the way she thinks though. These people can’t be helped.

Must ask him why vaccines were invented in the first place.

And gravity is a hoax? Must get him to throw a ball in the air then see what happens.

The media does not validate these claims. Well at least the mainstream media I read. Can you point me to an article in the mainstream press that recognises the legitimacy of people like Wolfe? The articles I’ve read about anti-vaccers exclusively debunk their claims.

The media generally do little of anything, except be a moderator for ridiculous debates simply to promote volatility for ratings sake. The media doesn’t have to come out and agree with a side, simply giving equal airtime without questioning claims against those with proven scientific study.

How often do we see climate debates on “news” shows, the climate denier (generally a right wing media opinion writer like Rita Panahi) pitted head to head with a well renown scientist…it’s embarrassing. The sheep sitting at home think, “well she had equal time, so she must have a valid point”. Next we hear an NBA basketballer thinking the earth is flat.

ABC’s Q&A is another perfect example. How often do we see the IPA represented on that show? Debating human rights, fairer tax systems and immigration. May as well have Mussolini on the panel. Our media lets us down is all I’m saying.