David 'Batshit Crazy' Avocado Wolfe Coming to Australia to Spread his Anti-Vax Refuse

I can at least get my head around people questioning Vaccines. Such opinions shouldn’t be involved in public policy, and I strongly disagree with the stance, but I can at least vaguely see what they are trying to push.

But flat earth? Seriously, my 6 year old nephew could argue the science out of that one. It’s as dumb of a conspiracy as I’ve ever heard.

Flat earth? Flat farking earth? Really?

He travels around the world huh?

Couldn’t do that if the world was flat, could you Wolfy.

The earth is flat, and it can be easily explained.

But why does it appear curved when one views the horizon from afar? Simple.

Think of someone holding a piece of cardboard up in the air, with their hand placed in the middle. The weight of the board makes it bend down a bit at the edges.

Atlas is the one holding the planet up in the middle.

He incorrectly states on his website that “a growing body of evidence indicates that vaccines are not safe and that they can injure, permanently maim, or even kill you or a family member”.
I love this """""""""""argument""""""""""" that that crowd uses because it's so ■■■■■■■ loose. Replace 'vaccines' with 'cars' in that sentence and it still makes perfect sense.

In fact you can put almost any noun in there and it still works.
cats
water
Steve Smith cover drives
rope
the sun
Jews
Bomberblitz
cheese

Flat-earthers are also fun to talk to. Just persist the Socratic-esque “yes but who benefits from the cover-up?” line of questioning and eventually their brain pretzels itself trying to work out how to respond.

The earth is flat, and it can be easily explained.

But why does it appear curved when one views the horizon from afar? Simple.

Think of someone holding a piece of cardboard up in the air, with their hand placed in the middle. The weight of the board makes it bend down a bit at the edges.

Atlas is the one holding the planet up in the middle.

But that relies on gravity, which he thinks is a hoax.
1 Like
He thinks the world is flat? Dinkum? Nah, let him speak.

Agree, let him speak. We are a free country with freedom of speech. Which means we have the right to point out this guy is a complete f’wit.

The issue is the media. Instead of reporting and investigating, the media give both sides equal time and validity and focus on volatile debate. F@kin lazy journalism. This is what turns countries stupid. An opposing voice shouldn’t automatically be given equal time and validity for the sake of being an opposing voice. The media needs to call out crack pots and investigate wild claims that oppose the majority of scientific study.

In a perfect world, we allow this ■■■■ to speak, the media gives him little airtime, investigates the claims and simply exposes them for the lies they are. The public then gets to move onto their lives without listening to this ridiculous debate where the stupid latch on to charlatans like this.

The media does not validate these claims. Well at least the mainstream media I read. Can you point me to an article in the mainstream press that recognises the legitimacy of people like Wolfe? The articles I’ve read about anti-vaccers exclusively debunk their claims.

The media generally do little of anything, except be a moderator for ridiculous debates simply to promote volatility for ratings sake. The media doesn’t have to come out and agree with a side, simply giving equal airtime without questioning claims against those with proven scientific study.

How often do we see climate debates on “news” shows, the climate denier (generally a right wing media opinion writer like Rita Panahi) pitted head to head with a well renown scientist…it’s embarrassing. The sheep sitting at home think, “well she had equal time, so she must have a valid point”. Next we hear an NBA basketballer thinking the earth is flat.

ABC’s Q&A is another perfect example. How often do we see the IPA represented on that show? Debating human rights, fairer tax systems and immigration. May as well have Mussolini on the panel. Our media lets us down is all I’m saying.

So point me to even one mainstream news article on the issue that doesn’t debunk anti-vaccers with references to scientific consensus.

Agree, let him speak. We are a free country with freedom of speech. Which means we have the right to point out this guy is a complete f’wit.

The issue is the media. Instead of reporting and investigating, the media give both sides equal time and validity and focus on volatile debate. F@kin lazy journalism. This is what turns countries stupid. An opposing voice shouldn’t automatically be given equal time and validity for the sake of being an opposing voice. The media needs to call out crack pots and investigate wild claims that oppose the majority of scientific study.

In a perfect world, we allow this ■■■■ to speak, the media gives him little airtime, investigates the claims and simply exposes them for the lies they are. The public then gets to move onto their lives without listening to this ridiculous debate where the stupid latch on to charlatans like this.

The media does not validate these claims. Well at least the mainstream media I read. Can you point me to an article in the mainstream press that recognises the legitimacy of people like Wolfe? The articles I’ve read about anti-vaccers exclusively debunk their claims.

The media generally do little of anything, except be a moderator for ridiculous debates simply to promote volatility for ratings sake. The media doesn’t have to come out and agree with a side, simply giving equal airtime without questioning claims against those with proven scientific study.

How often do we see climate debates on “news” shows, the climate denier (generally a right wing media opinion writer like Rita Panahi) pitted head to head with a well renown scientist…it’s embarrassing. The sheep sitting at home think, “well she had equal time, so she must have a valid point”. Next we hear an NBA basketballer thinking the earth is flat.

ABC’s Q&A is another perfect example. How often do we see the IPA represented on that show? Debating human rights, fairer tax systems and immigration. May as well have Mussolini on the panel. Our media lets us down is all I’m saying.

Your point about Climate Change debates is on point, usually there’s always some right wing media opinion pitted head to head with a renowned scientist, the fact that it’s 1:1 gives the illusion to the viewership that the debate is 50:50 ie. opinion is divided, when the reality is that if you were to actually proportionate people who are on board with climate change vs the deniers it would be like 97 people shouting down 3.

If the Earth is flat, how do you go around the world? There’d be an edge somewhere?

I remember all those kids that suffered from polio when I was at school during the 80’s. No, wait a minute, I don’t. Must have been because our parents had everyone farking vaccinated and it was virtually eradicated. Until now. Farkwits. Andrew Wakefield should have been fired from a giant cannon into the sun for starting this rubbish.

So point me to even one mainstream news article on the issue that doesn’t debunk anti-vaccers with references to scientific consensus.

Windy Dill, give it a rest will ya, you obviously missed my point. I didn’t do homework when i was high school 25 years ago, I’m certainly not going to start now for you.

Batshit Crazy is a term that typically the least informed people call upon to describe those that choose to think independently against the herd. In saying that, David Wolfe espouses some seriously major league nonsense.

Not often, no. In evolutionary terms people survived better in groups by sticking to the same ideas rather than being that irritating reasoner and questioning everything.

Guys a dangerous moron, but his talk shouldn't be banned.

Counter bullshit with facts. It’s the only way. Making it illegal to say atudfnlikw thia only reinforces rhw conspiracy in the mins of the herd. You’d be better placed allowing the rally, going to it, and asking a bunch of difficult questions about the guy rather than banning or or protesting which just forces people further back into their ideological corners.

Most importantly: why is he nicknamed avocado, and how has this thread gone three pages without that being discussed?

Facts will never change beliefs

I can at least get my head around people questioning Vaccines. Such opinions shouldn't be involved in public policy, and I strongly disagree with the stance, but I can at least vaguely see what they are trying to push.

But flat earth? Seriously, my 6 year old nephew could argue the science out of that one. It’s as dumb of a conspiracy as I’ve ever heard.

They have followers all around the globe.

The Global Society of Flat Earthers.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Sunlight. Of which chocolate is an “octave” of. Whatever the fark that is supposed to mean.

I can at least get my head around people questioning Vaccines. Such opinions shouldn't be involved in public policy, and I strongly disagree with the stance, but I can at least vaguely see what they are trying to push.

You mean there’s a globe?

2 Likes

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Guys a dangerous moron, but his talk shouldn't be banned.

Counter bullshit with facts. It’s the only way. Making it illegal to say atudfnlikw thia only reinforces rhw conspiracy in the mins of the herd. You’d be better placed allowing the rally, going to it, and asking a bunch of difficult questions about the guy rather than banning or or protesting which just forces people further back into their ideological corners.

Most importantly: why is he nicknamed avocado, and how has this thread gone three pages without that being discussed?

Because his being a c*nt goes without saying.