Dayne Beams back to Qld

Robbo and Collingwood are stated the Beams wants to be traded back to Queensland.

Mmmm

ryders offer from Brisbane just took a dive

Collingwood have confirmed that Beams has requested a trade to Qld.

Is he under contract?

Is he under contract?

yep

Contracts, hey?

Is he under contract?

yep

Who is his manager?

• are they promising him more time in the midfield?

With Lumumba gone too, there will be 6 Collingwood premiership players playing at other clubs next year.

GOOGS

With Lumumba gone too, there will be 6 Collingwood premiership players playing at other clubs next year.

That's what you call an exodus.

Doesn't seem that premiership players have really bought into Buckley as coach.

Is he under contract?

yep

He is, but Connors is a very, smart manager. Unethical and a complete ■■■■■■■, but a very smart manager - he is very good at bending clubs over a barrel and forcing their hand.

Beams is under contract, but only until next season when he'll become a restricted free agent. In the background the push to scrap compensation for free agent losses isn't going away, so if you're Collingwood you'll trade him now so you can have some say in what you'll get for him, otherwise you can call the bluff and tell him to serve out the contract, but in doing so you run the risk of the compensation time bomb detonating in your face and getting nothing for him when he walks at the end of next season.

So, like I said, a very smart play.

EDIT: Sorry peeps. My bad, I forgot that restricted free agency still currently kicks in at 8 years (so 2016 in Beams case) - the AFLPA is pushing very heavily to have that changed to 7 years from next season which is what I was working off of. It is unlikely that both the 1 year drop and compensation removal will come in for the same season, but not impossible given they're being pushed by different factions (clubs for the compensation, PA for the change in FA eligibility). Still Connors would be pushing the goal posts on FA may've changed by March next year, make a deal now so that you can have a say in what you get for him.

Watch Collingwood get an amazing deal that sets them up for years, while we get SFA for Ryder.

Is he under contract?

yep
He is, but Connors is a very, smart manager. Unethical and a complete *******, but a very smart manager - he is very good at bending clubs over a barrel and forcing their hand.
Beams is under contract, but only until next season when he'll become a restricted free agent. In the background the push to scrap compensation for free agent losses isn't going away, so if you're Collingwood you'll trade him now so you can have some say in what you'll get for him, otherwise you can call the bluff and tell him to serve out the contract, but in doing so you run the risk of the compensation time bomb detonating in your face and getting nothing for him when he walks at the end of next season.

Connors is his manager too?

Massive news. Looks like he’s also using the ‘family’ excuse to get more money!

Surely their coach’s position must be called into question. Has taken one of the youngest premiership sides in recent history and turned them into a rabble.

Not that I’m complaining.

Is he under contract?

yep

Who is his manager?

Connors. Same manager as Paddy.

Is he under contract?

yep
He is, but Connors is a very, smart manager. Unethical and a complete *******, but a very smart manager - he is very good at bending clubs over a barrel and forcing their hand.
It was Collingwood and Ball (ie Collingwood) and the AFLPA president (namely, Ball) who pushed the FA thing in the first place, wasn't it.

Notably Collingwood are going to try and convince him to stay

Glad some other club is copping some grief,time to rejoice in someone else’s misfortune.that calling woods misfortune not beams,I think his old man is crook so I wish him good luck