Dayne Beams back to Qld

Brisbane reportedly offered $4m over 5 years.
Gary Pert was on radio this morning I believe and said that Collingwood want to keep him and are trying to offer him spending more time in Queensland, perhaps train up there and fly to Melbourne on weekends.

That's pre farking desperate.

I reckon Pert offering $4 mill or so over five years would help get him to stay

Fark Collingwood and fark Buckley, Off ya Go beamsy.

On fiveaa they are talking about the potential of a 3 club deal for Beams.

Lions, IN: Beams, OUT: Aish and pick 4

Crows, IN: Aish and pick 4, OUT: Dangerfield

Filth, IN: Dangerfield, OUT: Beams

Would be just like those carnts to come out of this deal on top

Get stuffed Collingwood

If that happens, all opposition supporters will rally outside the Westpac and burn it down.
Won't happen. If you think Brisbane is giving up Aish + pick 4 for Beams, you are high.

If that happens, all opposition supporters will rally outside the Westpac and burn it down.
Won't happen. If you think Brisbane is giving up Aish + pick 4 for Beams, you are high.
Agree Aish and pick 4 is massive overs for Brisbane to be paying.

Collingwood landed a top 20 pick for Dawes

Every chance they could pull that deal off (granted it was on the table)

From the 2011 GF they have lost 13 players of that 22.

Beams didn't play in that GF but did in 2010 so of the 23 or so who represented them over those 2 GF less than 5 years ago over half are gone. And that wasn't a team who was ageing and had one last crack, they're average age was quite young if I recall.

Warms my heart.

EDIT: Average age of 2010 was 24.4 years.  Compare that to Geelong 2007 who was 25.5. Hawks 2008 was slightly older and have kept a fair chunk of that "core" (Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Birchall, Sewell, Rioli, Roughead, Franklin until this season) and have made 4 prelim finals since then.

Agree Aish and pick 4 is massive overs for Brisbane to be paying.

They won't pay 4 plus Aish

Brisbane reportedly offered $4m over 5 years.
Gary Pert was on radio this morning I believe and said that Collingwood want to keep him and are trying to offer him spending more time in Queensland, perhaps train up there and fly to Melbourne on weekends.

That's pre farking desperate.

Been done before...last few years of Chris Langford's career he lived in Sydney and flew down to play with the Dawks. That would've been going back to the early 90s.

What happens if they play in Brisbane? Does he have to fly to Melbourne to fly back to Brisbane to play the Lions?

From the 2011 GF they have lost 13 players of that 22.

Beams didn't play in that GF but did in 2010 so of the 23 or so who represented them over those 2 GF less than 5 years ago over half are gone. And that wasn't a team who was ageing and had one last crack, they're average age was quite young if I recall.

Warms my heart.

EDIT: Average age of 2010 was 24.4 years.  Compare that to Geelong 2007 who was 25.5. Hawks 2008 was slightly older and have kept a fair chunk of that "core" (Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Birchall, Sewell, Rioli, Roughead, Franklin until this season) and have made 4 prelim finals since then.

Eddie and his inability to stomach seeing Nathan Buckley coach anywhere else destroyed their chance to win multiple Flags.

Love it.

When does the pressure get applied to Eddie for dreaming up this succession plan to oust Mick and replace him with Buckley. It is clear that there were fairly significant sections of the playing group that have had their issues with Buckley.

Will laugh when Eddie inevitably has to sack Buckley, or loses the Presidency because he refuses to sack Buckley.

What happens if they play in Brisbane? Does he have to fly to Melbourne to fly back to Brisbane to play the Lions?

Does Collingwood play outside Melbourne?

LOL at Collingwood fans thinking Dangerfield would want to come to their club. An exodus of players and ■■■■ coach: not gonna happen!

Cats and Hawks in box seat. We’re a slight chance too IMO.

Makes my Dees, Crows bombers trade seem somewhat plausible...

LOL at Collingwood fans thinking Dangerfield would want to come to their club. An exodus of players and **** coach: not gonna happen!
Cats and Hawks in box seat. We're a slight chance too IMO.

we dont have a fkn chance in hell

Father is seriously ill with cancer. Family reasons are genuine.

If Collingwood doesn't want to lose him why not grant him compassionate leave?

Geez Brisbane are hoping Collingwood will fold. Only prepared to offer pick 4… GET STUFFED BRISBANE

LOL at Collingwood fans thinking Dangerfield would want to come to their club. An exodus of players and **** coach: not gonna happen!
Cats and Hawks in box seat. We're a slight chance too IMO.

we dont have a fkn chance in hell

I'm not so sure.
What could the hawks and cats possibly trade?
Granted the opportunity for success is much greater at those clubs, but in terms of satisfying Adelaide, not sure how they would do it.

Love the article by Robbo pretty much talking about the implosion at the Pies since Eddie moved on Mick for Bucks