Dean Wallis saved by heart surgery

There is the direct link, potential vascular and myocardial impacts of infection, and indirect link where people may have delayed medical check-ups or slipped into bad lifestyle habits during the pandemic.

But I concur, rates of non-communicable disease now need to be watched closely.

Nevertheless, both these points extend beyond three newsworthy instances. Three instances do not make a trend, and their similarities (in temporality and aetiology) may be no more than pure chance.

2 Likes

It’s not common, especially if you’re talking ECGs and x-rays etc which are a bit more involved than your average GP clinic can do.

Once a year i have to get a blood test to check my vaccination levels are all still ok to safely work with bats. While I’m there, i ask them to check my blood pressure, listen to my heart (there’s some hereditary issues running thorugh my dad’s side of the family), basically do a full set of blood tests just as a checkup - cholesterol and blood sugar, bowel and prostate cancer markers etc etc. But i suspect many people (blokes especially) don’t even do that much.

3 Likes

Work with bats you say?

7 Likes

works for Gray-Nicolls

8 Likes

The stats on cardiac events of all ages is going to be very interesting over the next couple of years.

3 Likes

holy ■■■■ i’d always assumed you were mid to possible late 30’s. there you go.

1 Like

Best to Dean.

Uncertain if it would’ve prevented what happened but come 40, it’s worth doing a full medical every 2-3 years converging at 50 where every year or 2 could save your life. Some serious heart related issues are asymptomatic fir example.

I lost my best friend in 2020. He was 45. It may have saved him. I hope his death might save others. I hope you understand.

8 Likes

Just checked out some birthdates. I hope Michael Long has been looking after himself.

4 Likes

Not trying to out do you but my young bloke had it at 12 months.

He’s fine but we still haven’t recovered 10 years later!

3 Likes

I asked because I’ve been doing an annual health screening for the last 15 years in either HK or Thailand - These screenings pick up any early health ‘markers’ and can lead to further investigations if necessary.

Do it!

I had mine done lucky came back 38 I’m still bit younger though

It’s a pretty good idea to have a comprehensive annual checkup and scan. The earlier you can detect a serious health problem the better, and it’s something that easy to slack off on. Mate of mine is dealing with a fairly widespread cancer right now after ignoring early signs for a bit too long.

Is that a govt program, or is it something you do on your own initiative?

2 Likes

If your 40 or older I strongly suggest you minimise the booze, minimise the fat in your diet and cholesterol and seriously do some sort of vigorous exercise for 30-45 minutes and day.

Ps I also take aspirin to thin my blood to help against stroke, however see your doctor get advice, I’m not a medical expert just going on what I’ve been told.

Also rid of any controllable stress out of your life.

Hmmm another JAB statistic!

3 Likes

Yeah don’t support this club and you’ll all live about 5 to 10 more years.

4 Likes

I highly doubt this is a causitive factor to heart disease with a whole foods diet in the absence of energy toxicity.

Everyone is responsible for their health, and to do their own research, of course.

I do it on my own initiative - Assumed it would be a popular option In Australia with a strong Medicare system.

3 Likes

Fark me fellas…if your over 50 and have had covid, seems like any signs of issues with your heart go straight to hospital

Same here. I decided to start doing a full medical every year around the time of my birthday. This year is my 15th year straight of doing it. Gives great piece of mind and gives you a chance of detecting a major issue early.

2 Likes

Lol