Demons Mad Monday

don't care how the players dress but they need to LEARN not to load pics onto social media - that is the issue.

The best is Chris Dawes dressing as James Frawley whose left to Geelong. IIRC two years ago Dawes left his club.
******* **** Player.
******* **** Club.
Jeez, I hope they fold.

Dawes got booted from Collingwood
No he didn't.
When they saw the offer the Dees put to him they realised they couldn't fight it, but they would've preferred to keep him.
Didn't Dawes have a falling out with Bucks. Well I mean it seems half the team doesn't like Bucks, so if he leaves a good club to go to a crap clib like Melbourne, good chance money and personalities were at play.
so he replaces him with quinton lynch.
masterstroke
About the same output in the ruck!!
Essendon have done the same square peg/round hole trick often enough with similar "success".

I'm sure the Rolf Harris' victims wouldn't have laughed.  Like they haven't been through enough already.

I'm sure Rolf Harris's victims would not have known about it if it wasn't reported.

And explain how this is a news issue worth spreading to the general public?

If I dress like Rolf Harirs at a private function, will I appear on the news. No. Why?

because you probably live with your mum and work at a servo

Pretty accurate description of me, except that I do neither. ;)

don't care how the players dress but they need to LEARN not to load pics onto social media - that is the issue.

They're football players. Not sure that is possible for most.

They're football players. Not sure that is possible for most.

What you say is probably true. 

I'm sure the Rolf Harris' victims wouldn't have laughed.  Like they haven't been through enough already.

I'm sure Rolf Harris's victims would not have known about it if it wasn't reported.

If I dress like Rolf Harirs at a private function, will I appear on the news. No. Why?

Same with any news.  I'm not sure what your point is...

Why is it news? Why does it get airtime?

There are your real culprits.

No, the players that did this are.  Passing the buck only enables their behaviour.

WTF? Giving them publicity promotes this behaviour. Making it public impacts on those who didn't know it happened. This is exactly the sort of situation where a quiet word is all that is needed.

No one died or broke any laws. So who gives a fark.

60801d1396655080-xj-vs-almighty-zj-waaam

Hard to argue against that kind of logic.

:rolleyes:

Sorry mate. But sometimes I feel like we (society) just take trivial things way too far and the best answer is to ignore it publically and let them get a dressing down privately.

Bartel did the whole Ricky Nixon schoolboy thing. Again, it was quite pointless and it says more about the footy medai that they try and track down these celebrations for a story, rather than the old days were no one cared.

I'm all for private dressing downs.  I took issue because you initially exculpated the two Demons players entirely.

Personally, I don't think cracking jokes about convicted paedophiles is trivial.  Especially not for public figures; which, like it or not, these players are.

No, the players that did this are.  Passing the buck only enables their behaviour.

WTF? Giving them publicity promotes this behaviour. Making it public impacts on those who didn't know it happened. This is exactly the sort of situation where a quiet word is all that is needed.

Sorry mate. But sometimes I feel like we (society) just take trivial things way too far and the best answer is to ignore it publically and let them get a dressing down privately.

Bartel did the whole Ricky Nixon schoolboy thing. Again, it was quite pointless and it says more about the footy medai that they try and track down these celebrations for a story, rather than the old days were no one cared.

I'm all for private dressing downs.  I took issue because you initially exculpated the two Demons players entirely.

Personally, I don't think cracking jokes about convicted paedophiles is trivial.  Especially not for public figures; which, like it or not, these players are.

I agree it is in poor taste. But I find reporting it is even worse than the act itself, as it brings focus to something that should be ignored in the media (with a stern warning from AFL to the club). Much like how suicides are not reported to stop copycats. It's an interesting topic, not sure there is a right or wrong way to handle the stupidity of footballers. I just know the media don't give a rats fats in doing the right thing.

Pretty accurate description of me, except that I do neither

sorry - may have had  a few on board round that time.

best way to post isn't it :lol:

best way to post isn't it :lol:

sometimes...

drunken fucktards do something in poor taste trying to be funny.

drunken farktards do something in poor taste trying to be funny.

Play on, then, I guess.