Dempsey - Back to VFL (tick) - Back to AFL!

youll get through demps.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure he seperated from his partner and he’s struggling with not seeing his kids that often. Think that may be the main reason behind his troubles

I think there is more going on behind the scene than what we are seeing.

Indeed, I'm concerned about his welfare at the moment, club needs to be supporting him, not reprimanding. Having a very tough time ATM is Demps
No offense, however you pull this line out every time one of our Indigenous players does something off field or is out of form (Ryder being the big example I can think of) so I honestly have no idea if you're being protective or genuine.
Is this actually an example of something wrong or has he just been a ******* idiot? Because this isn't the first time he's neglected to use his brain.
It is possible to be protective AND genuine BTW. In fact I suspect that's what Benfti is suggesting the club should be.
Fair call. I guess I'm just a little skeptical as:
1. This line has been used many times before by Ben in regards to Indigenous players
2. If he is going through that hard a time, I find it hard to believe the club would reprimand him so severely and publicly when they could keep it in house and use the injury as an excuse.
3. He's got form in this area.
3 might explain 2... One chance type of thing.

Best wishes Courtney. Get around him.

Damn! Remember when he got a disciplined a couple of years back for being out on the town when he was in rehab.
From memory the only reason they found out was because he posted a pic of himself on Instagram while at the club

Obviously has learned nothing.  Just a dumb thing to do.

May be well off the mark but he was the first one I thought of when Lloyd mentioned players were struggling with current pressures.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure he seperated from his partner and he's struggling with not seeing his kids that often. Think that may be the main reason behind his troubles

Don't get me wrong WOB, I have a lot of time for you and enjoy your posts, but maybe in this case just keep it to yourself whether it is right or wrong, there isn't any need to speculate on these things or even enlighten people as to what might be happening because if that is what is happening, it is none of our business even though he is a player we all love and admire.
I mean this with the utmost respect.

He’ll need atleast a month to rehab his hammy then another month in the vfl to regain fitness from no preseason. Going to be an extended break even if he wasn’t reprimanded.

He'll need atleast a month to rehab his hammy then another month in the vfl to regain fitness from no preseason. Going to be an extended break even if he wasn't reprimanded.

Exactly, all the more reason why we didn't need to make an announcement. I'm tipping further notice will be sometime around when he's fit.

He'll need atleast a month to rehab his hammy then another month in the vfl to regain fitness from no preseason. Going to be an extended break even if he wasn't reprimanded.

Exactly, all the more reason why we didn't need to make an announcement. I'm tipping further notice will be sometime around when he's fit.

Altho he may be struggling with whatever reasons, he may also be resorting to bad habits cos of those reasons, and maybe the club think it's better to get it out in the open to try and help him regain focus, instead of hiding the issue and hoping it goes away.

Whatever the case, he is now on notice that his behaviour, again for whatever reasons, is not acceptable.

■■■■■■ good footballer that hasn't even shown his best yet. Hopefully that's to come.

Whatever needs sorting, I hope he gets it sorted, for his own immediate good, his future good and my viewing pleasure. He's a delight to watch in full flight and can make an enormous difference.

Ummm, what did he do?

Goddard said he wasn't living up to the leadership groups standards he wouldn't elaborate

BJ on TFS saying it was a number of things that helped the playing/leadership group reach the decision on Dempsey. Vaguely hinted about attitude and behaviour.

Assuming he didn't show up after the break in shape based on what BJ said.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure he seperated from his partner and he's struggling with not seeing his kids that often. Think that may be the main reason behind his troubles

Don't get me wrong WOB, I have a lot of time for you and enjoy your posts, but maybe in this case just keep it to yourself whether it is right or wrong, there isn't any need to speculate on these things or even enlighten people as to what might be happening because if that is what is happening, it is none of our business even though he is a player we all love and admire.

no dramas, if mods feel the need to remove my post I wont have a problem
I was trying to get the point across that there is actually a issue here that he needs help through, so people just dont automatically assume its just coz he can't be farked, pisshead etc.
I wish him all the best, I hope he sorts himself out and we see him in the second half of the year

Altho he may be struggling with whatever reasons, he may also be resorting to bad habits cos of those reasons, and maybe the club think it's better to get it out in the open to try and help him regain focus, instead of hiding the issue and hoping it goes away.
Whatever the case, he is now on notice that his behaviour, again for whatever reasons, is not acceptable.

This isn't the first time he's been put on notice though, which is the bigger concern.

no dramas, if mods feel the need to remove my post I wont have a problem
I was trying to get the point across that there is actually a issue here that he needs help through, so people just dont automatically assume its just coz he can't be farked, pisshead etc.
I wish him all the best, I hope he sorts himself out and we see him in the second half of the year

That is fair enough mate. Completely understand where you are coming from.

He shouldn’t have gone to future music festival!

Que sera sera.