Diets

Chicken Pho, Vietnamese soup with noodles.

Alternate doses of paracetamol and ibuprofen, heaps of fresh vegetable and fruit juice

I had influenza 2 weeks ago. Itā€™s a ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a thing.

I took tamiflu anti viral tablets, drank lots of water and stayed in bed.

Our lose to FC is worse.

A win in WA will cure you.

1 Like

I got swine flu!!

Yeah you have flu once, you quickly learn the difference between a cold and the flu. Itā€™s a real ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

2 Likes

Rest

and some scotch and coke if you have a sore throat :wink:

Your sick and in Perth. This could be useful, get yourself to the Eagles training.

5 Likes

When is it?

Yep. Bread without salt lasts a day tops. A mate tried to cut salt and sugar and make his own bread. Literally went mouldy and hard trying to get 2 days out of it.

Lost 4.5kgs just eating YouFoodz for lunch and dinner and trying to eat healthy/avoid softdrink.

Breakfast - a cup of cereal (usually special K or All-bran with skim milk

Morning Tea - Piece of fruit

Lunch - Youfoodz wrap/Pizza (usually 350 cal or thereabout)

Afternoon tea - airpopped popcorn or fruit

Dinner - Youfoodz again (same calories or less)

All up Iā€™m not going past 1300cals.

It sucks as there are days Iā€™m craving greasy fish and chips.

Iā€™m surprised I havenā€™t craved sugar or softdrink.

1 Like

if you completely withdraw from sugar (i.e. sucrose) it can take up to 2 weeks to feel the effects.

I did it a couple of years ago with the intention of then only consuming glucose (the aim is to get off fructose either completely or as much as possible). I remember close to two weeks in I left work feeling crook, was on a packed train and ended up sitting on the floor in a sweat, feeling nauseous and I donā€™t know how else to explain it. Itā€™s said it can be similar (though I would say no where near as severe) as getting off heroin and I think I at least partly understand what they are saying.

2 Likes

Cheers Gillsy. Its been 3 weeks. To be fair I have had twinnings infusion tea in cold water and fruit. But thatā€™s it.

just an FYI comment Special K is actually quite high in added sugar. I was surprised as itā€™s promoted/thought of as the dieterā€™s cereal.

Good old fashioned Corn Flakes is actually a better option than special K or All-bran. See below (Corn Flakes middle panel). I always use the per 100g column to compare as different serving sizes can be used for some of the columns.

Anyway all the very best with what youā€™re doing. Try and enjoy it and focus on what you are having rather than what you are giving up. I think thatā€™s the problem with the term diet - it has become bastardised and it has a very strong connection with being punish / going without. Healthy or nutritional eating is a better way to think of it.

2 Likes

Oats beat them all

4 Likes

I just ate a whole large Hawaiian pizza and now I feel fat greasy and sick.
This didnā€™t come as a surprise

agree - I have oats with a range of grains, nuts and seeds plus some hemp protein powder and matcha and a bit of honey and frozen blueberries - all soaked overnight in water. Kinda like a bircher. All ready to eat the next morning.

Sunday breakfast is similar but itā€™s heated up - kinda like porridge.

1 Like

I find a good breakfast a few times a week is a Quest protein bar. There are many flavours and theyā€™re all a bit different but very similar in nutrition. My favourite (Choc Chip Cookie Dough ā€” yeah, yeah, I know) is 206 calories, about 20 grams of protein, 12 grams of fibre and 0 sugar ā€” the sweetener is stevia, and itā€™s pretty sweet. The fibre makes it quite filling and I donā€™t need to eat again until lunch. Theyā€™re the best bars Iā€™ve found and sometimes I have one for lunch.

Other days Iā€™ll have one piece of toast with a quarter of an avocado (smashed with dukkah, or with some vegemite on the toast) and a poached egg, or All Bran with banana and sultanas. I have a sweet tooth.

Hawaiian???

You deserve everything you get.

Whereā€™s that fkn Ignore function!!! :smirk:

1 Like

Nope! Been making bread, not with a machine, for years without salt - farking delicious and freezes beautifully.

1 Like

There can be only one

I couldnā€™t survive without sugar. Its the best antidepressant there is. I find it difficult to believe that it took 2 weeks to kick in.