Disgraceful EFC - Extending pokies license to 2042

So we devote ourselves to becoming the Essendon Vices. I like it!

And they’ve been ahead of us in terms of performance on the field for the best part of the last 15 years. So your point is, what? Money is good, hooray for money?

3 Likes

Enough with your crazy ideas!

1 Like

I’m going to assume you were taking the ■■■■ with that post. Because if not it would be one of your worst posts ever. And I’ve seen your music in the DJ King thread! :grinning:

No, the point is that if what you want is what you perceive to an untainted Premiership there is a club that could deliver you what you want. It’s just not us.

I’m with you @SMJ. These things destroy families in a devastating way. There are other ways we could make a quid without profiting on misery.

2 Likes

EFC branded brothels I tells ya!

4 Likes

Understand the point, but I don’t think its unreasonable to expect my club, one of the richest clubs in the country, to also be a good corporate citizen.

Not for profit organisations (like EFC is apparently supposed to be) should conduct their operations in a way that doesn’t cause harm to the community that they operate in. We’re not doing that.

And in a time where other clubs, in the same competition, are rightly getting out of the pokies game, we, one of the richest clubs, are applying to extend our license so we will still be in the game for another twenty-four farking years.

You might think that’s ok, and that alls fair in love and premiership hunting. I disagree

9 Likes

Yeah.

I don’t feel great about it, but if EFC passed the licenses off, those machines wouldn’t disappear. Someone else would buy them. Probably ALA/Woolworths.

2 Likes

Red n black EFC condoms?

You’d rather be top of the town or the ladder

Mate, we won’t be running pokies for another 24 years. But when we bail out, our saleable assets will be worth a lot more because they hold those licenses.

6 Likes

As long as it’s closed on Anzac Day and in September- no pleasure is given on those days

4 Likes

Benzina will be upset if the sash goes droopy.

6 Likes

Why do people think their moral values are the ones to which the club should espire?

They are legal, I assume we follow the laws of the land in running them and guess what, if we sell them someone else will run them and there are plenty of people who enjoy using them that far outweigh those with issues. But yeah lets not renew the licence and have a distressed sale to Westfarmers or Woolies…

8 Likes

Top of the Town is a nice little money spinner. They supply the girls that Crown clients ask for.

1 Like

Cool. Why don’t we start selling guns? Legal activity, right?

1 Like

How do I explain this to my children? and how does one acquire children?

6 Likes

Is that a joke post or is that really a horrible thing what barnz said? I understand a lot of people deal with pokie addiction but not EVERY person is horribly addicted and a fair lot go just for some harmless fun.

I don’t think it’s horrible, but I think to say that the solution to pokie addiction is that 'people should just stop putting money in them" is extraordinarily ignorant. Which is why I (rightly I think) assume he was joking