Disgraceful EFC - Extending pokies license to 2042

From some deadbeat looking for more money to put through a pokie machine

2 Likes

Yikes. Didnt know toothless crones were classified as fetish

Meh, I have no issue with this. Flame away.

1 Like

Yes they are and most holders are responsible users. They are also highly regulated, just like pokie machines…

2 Likes

I think Barnz is smart enough, as most are, to assume that telling them to stop is obviously not the issue and would obviously have no effect on addicted gamblers. I think the point is you’re assuming that all pokie goers are horribly addicted when most aren’t. i think Barnz was referring to those that just go out for a bit of fun and not those addicted and have issues.

Wow.

1 Like

Creighton at Crown this year then?

So does alcohol.

We still sell that at games and functions.

2 Likes

Don’t have an issue with it. I’d rather sporting clubs benefit from owning them than Coles or Woolies

6 Likes

Pokies are ■■■■. But you think by not having it, that will make any difference to people’s addiction or stupidity?

And why is it that the only people who play pokies are addicts? No one can enjoy them?

3 Likes

Understand where you’re coming from. But:

1. I didn’t make any such assumption

2. If the overall point (as far as I understand it) is that “pokies aren’t even really that bad anyway” then I simply say, with much respect, that I think you need to read more on the issue

We aren’t giving them up until we get the free spins feature!

Also on a serious note, if we give them up, someone else just operates them anyway. If we could keep the machines but not operate them it would be better.

3 Likes

I’m well versed on the issue but I appreciate the thought that you think you more on the issue than I do with the talking down to me.

I never said pokies aren’t that bad, I was contending the fact that pokie goers are all addicted. which is not true. which goes back to barnzs’ comment that “don’t put money in” was reffering to those that are obviously not horribly addicted. Obviously most half sensible people know thats not who it works and tell off barnz for something that obviously was directed to them pointless other than to grandstand.

1 Like

I honestly wasn’t meaning to talk down - sincere apologies if it came off that way

1 Like

Brothels?

EDIT
I see.
I’m not even nearly the 1st person to suggest that.

2 Likes

When people on here talk about how they want EFC to be a club that the competition hates again, I don’t think this is what they had in mind.

If the financials leave the club absolutely no alternative to temporarily continue preying on gambling addicts @Catherine_Lio, i at least hope that EFC will have sufficient integrity to voluntarily put restrictions on the machines over and above what the law requires. Something like Andrew Wilkie’s proposals from back in 2011 or so - mandatory pre-commitment and/or $1 max spins.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree that alcohol can destroy lives but it’s not a good comparison imo. Pokies are programmed to take your money. The will never lose. The are also designed to be addictive by by using psychological methods to hook people in. Alcohol can be used responsibly, and is in the overwhelming majority of cases.

People using the argument, if it’s not us it’s going to be someone else. Really? That’s some ■■■■■■ up thinking.

6 Likes

Couldn’t the now disused drug dungeon be converted into a meth lab - a lotta money to be made there.

6 Likes

Melton is a well run community based club. Food is good, drinks are cheap and it is a safe environment for me to play the pokies.

Until woozers like some of you force Government to make it illegal, stick your moralising up your rear.

7 Likes