Donation when you kick the bucket

Totes. They’re preying on peoples emotional attachment to the Club. I’m quite shocked to hear that the Club does this. It’s bordering on unethical imo.

2 Likes

I’ve stipulated in the will the club song being played at my funeral. That’s as far as I would go. I’ve spent thousands on this club.

2 Likes

It’ll die 3/4 into the song

10 Likes

Well a potato farmer must have died recently judging by the number of spuds we have at the club

4 Likes

We don’t have the skills to kick the bucket on the first attempt

9 Likes

10/10

The profit is tipped into the single goal of winning football premierships which is so important to you and I that we’ve both wasted hundreds of hours on here each year. I don’t think giving money to help that is that bad is it? I mean I’m guessing you’re like me and buy a membership for that reason after all? I get no tickets with my membership.

Yes I agree with what your saying in principle, while we’re a similar age, we have no problem in doing it, and say I buy another membership for the next 40 years. I think that’s enough of my money donated to the club without having to get a email in 40 years time basically saying “hey, your old, and you’ll Cark it soon, put us in your will if you like”

To me, it’s so unethical and low

1 Like

The emailing is a different story. I don’t think that’s a great move from the club. With you on that one.

1 Like

this has been around for quite a while - there’s a section on the website about it.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/membership/bombers-forever

one of the people appearing on the list is someone a few Blitzers knew - our mate Bob (he passed a few years back). I remember him talking about it and attending a few of the functions, and it was something he was proud to be part of.

1 Like

The way the club is going we should all be writing letters asking for it to pay us money when it kicks the bucket. I’ll bet there’s much more life in your average 70 year old than this ■■■■ show.

1 Like

post of the year.

2 Likes

I told my Son today that I am leaving all my money when I die to the Bombers.

He is currently get the paperwork together to have me put into a home; will have no problem as it seems I have confirmed my mental incapacity by continuing to attend Bombers games and thinking we can win.

3 Likes

I go the email too. They insinuated I had one foot in the grave.

8 Likes

Honestly the way we are going that’ll probably be the next time you even hear the song.

2 Likes

There’s no doubt some people will be proud of it, that’s fine. People are entitled to do that, and that’s cool

I’ve got a issue with the club profiling older members reminding them their getting on and to leave them some money if they wish

In fact, it should be voluntary thing. The club shouldn’t be asking. They are not a charity. If people wish to do it, let them do it. Don’t go emailing older members asking about it. Not on, just my opinion anyway

4 Likes

Maybe it’s all a strategy.

1. Wipe 10-15 years off your life playing atrocious footy
  2. ???
  3. Profit

I think the non-selection of Langford has netted the club at least $100k so far this season, Blitzers dropping like flies.

I don’t mind the club asking for it at all.
But at the moment all the fkn cash we give to the club it feels like income tax going to the government for no fkn return.
I dare them to call me asking to buy a 100$ raffle ticket.

Can you imagine dying lately knowing your money was spent on giving skipworth, neeld, Harvey another contract? YIKES

3 Likes

Maybe the club can add conditions

If you see 5 flags between the ages of 21 and 70 then you need to leave the club $5k or whatever