Dons d Suns - Review Thread

Agree with most of that - though I remember at one stage screaming out "■■■■■■■ mark a ■■■■■■■ ball for ■■■■■ sake Hartley!!!’

3 Likes

Sorry, butvnobody would want to play games with their form on the eve of the finals. They have a bye the week after. That’s exactly what the bye was for, stop top teams from creating dead rubber games. Crows would be foolish to rest players or take it easy for that reason

I thought the same with Stewart at times too.

1 Like

I got home to outer north Brisbane just after midnight, I like metricon as a venue, only gripe is the lights are a bit in your face. I could imagine it could be slightly distracting for the players. Great viewing ground though.
I had a great view in the terrace on the 50 mtr line last quarter felt like was played right in front of us for most of the quarter.
Some of zakka little quick handballs through traffic I saw were absolutely sublime.
Goal misses aside I enjoyed this game, lots of individuals had pretty good games.
Zakka, might be his most dominant game. BJ an absolute rock

Happy with the team form considering we had a debutante player and lav still finding his feet and no Hurley

4 Likes

I haven’t had a ‘From the Coaches’ email for ages. Has this week’s been sent out?

Edit: Noticed that all my email preferences in Ticketmaster have been unchecked, despite not even touching it.

They don’t send it right away after a win, usually in the next day or 2.

after a loss its up in 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Cheers thanks mate.
Makes sense why I haven’t got anything for over a month, lost all the email settings somehow.

Am interested in coaches take on McG going into midfield in 2nd half.

Glad you mentioned this, totally agree. This is an under-valued area of Zaharakis’ game.
His slick hands in traffic are fantastic and it’s partly skill but also the spatial awareness to know where a player is in congestion to then flick it out and create a break away(McGrath already elite at this too).

1 Like

Freezing? when I got back to the car at Nerang it was 12 degrees, there are plenty of winter days in Melbourne when you would kill for this as a top temp, let alone at 10pm.

I dont know how it took you an hour and a half, I sang the song (Twice) took the kids down onto the ground (and I agree I noticed the lights being in your face) lined up for a bus (which were pulling up as fast as they could be filled) and drove to the southside of Brisbane, put the kids to bed and tucked into a well deserved beer by 11:30.

Agreed it isn’t as good as the MCG or Docklands which are built next to major train stations, have tram stops all around, and the crowd can also walk into the city and further enjoy a beer or two.

Next time I might convince the misses to drive and hit the fifth quarter bar for an hour or so and let the crowds die down.

1 Like

I hope Merrett is better for the run and can find some form against freo. He was okay, but I reckon by his standards of how good he can be, he’s just plateaued a bit in the last month

1 Like

I really like Hartley. We are a much better team when he plays.

8 Likes

Zach was a bit down in the first half but he more than found his feet in the second half. I don’t get to see the bombers as much as you guys live, but boy can he play. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t end up with a chas around his neck with a few years

1 Like

Yeah, … he needs to gain some confidence in that dept, … but he was getting in the spots to make the contest, and then to get his hands on them, and at least bring it to ground.

Might have been surprised to find himself in that position suddenly, as he lifted the attacking side of his game, . it actually looked like he was a few times.

And it’s not the first time I’ve seen just that happen as a player develops. Once it becomes familiar, … he’ll likely start clunking them,… and as already stated, a bit more size after another pre season, . and, … well, he could well become the next Cane Hooker down there …

1 Like

Lots of similarity between Stewart and Hartley.

2 Likes

Yep,… they are two current lesser light tall’s to be really excited about going forward.

Hes bene pushed out of the midfield a bit for the glaciers so you see him sweeping more than I’d like.

Very ordinary game to watch with the GC flooding out fwd line all night. Did enough to win against what I think is by far the worst side we have played all year. Far from an inspiring performance. Hopefully we can hit some form with a good win against Freo, then the rest might freshen us up for the finials.

1 Like

Looks like Goddard has adjusted his game slightly. He realised he can’t pull off those pinpoint passes as often anymore and seems to now play the higher percentage shots. Good on him for that.

Did the number of changes give the mindset of some players a shake up? Intensity seemed to be up this game with far fewer passengers. Great to see. 67 tackles, 20 of which were in our own forward 50.

1 Like

Any away win is a good win.

2 Likes

I’m still good for the $100 bet we made. It really has gone down to the wire!!! Next week if we get over Freo and make it, I’ll transfer it to your account and you can buy a few jugs for the blitz crew before our first final!! Hopefully it’s in Melbourne against the Tiges.

3 Likes