Dr Who

That was all pretty enjoyable. Still not a massive fan of rebooted Doctor Who, but tonight's episode wasn't bad at all. Also liked the docudrama.

Was awesome! Wanted more though! Hope we see more of Tenant.

Oh yes?

ku-medium.gif

Oh yes?

ku-medium.gif

I'm looking forward to this. He is stuck in my brain as Malcolm Tucker.

Where can I read a nerds blog about all the references, explanations (Old Tom was cool, but...) or best guesses and other things I may have missed?

One fact that won't be repeated in too many blogs is that David Tennant's nick name is "David ten inch". Hence the "compensating for somthing?" remark in the sonic screw driver comparison scene.

1.5 million watched in Australia. 400k or so for the "live" broadcast.

Also, this...

BZysyQjIcAA2kLE.jpg

The Xmas episode has been titled The Time of the Doctor.

Also, on a screen by screen basis the Day of the Doctor outsold Catching Fire in the US...

In further news...

Doctor Who 50th becomes most-watched drama of 2013
Doctor Who‘s 50th anniverary special has passed Downton Abbey to become the most watched TV drama of the year and is also thought to have set a new record for catch-up and PVR recording.
The 75-minute episode, The Day Of The Doctor, recorded a live audience of 10.2m (37%) on BBC1 on Saturday 23 November, with a further 2.6m watching via PVR and catch-up services, delivering a consolidated TV audience of 12.8m (41%), according to figures released by Attentional today.
This puts the episode ahead of the 10 November climax of Downton Abbey series three, which went on to deliver a consolidated audience of 12.2m (41%) for ITV.
While Attentional does not break out PVR and catch-up figures specifically, the previous biggest catch-up audience is believed to be Downton Abbey‘s Christmas Day special last year, which added 2.3m to consolidate at 10.3m after its clash with BBC1‘s Call the Midwife.
Despite the catch-up gains, The Day of The Doctor remains the third best-performing episode of Doctor Who since its 25th revival behind its 2007 and 2008 Christmas specials.
However, the figure does not take into account iPlayer views or the cinema audience, which delivered £1.8m in box office takings over three days.

Late viewers put the ABC five city figures over a million (not counting the early morning screening or iView).

This is embarrassing. Only just realised my mum is a Tennant fangirl.

My daughter's new door.

I'm sure Nanna wont mind.

1463296_10152059684437891_1335660169_n.j

On the other hand, my niece said on Sunday she wanted to watch all of the old series, from the start. So there better be an ad for Marco Polo after the Christmas special!

Surely it's time to announce that the Feast of Stephen has been sitting in an office for a while waiting for the right time to emerge.

Well. That was... interesting...

Is Doctor Who considered it a drama?

The episode I watched was comedic.

It is all things and more.

That was a bit rubbish.

Info-dumps to shut up a small minority of fanboys ■■■■■■■■ about “plot holes” from years ago are rarely a good idea (and won‘t work).

Show, don‘t tell.

At least it was reflective of Matt's time as the Doctor - wildly uneven storytelling.

Smith already had best first story, falls well short on worst last story.

Mind you, last stories since 1984 have been very schizophrenic: Androzani and Parting of the Ways versus Ultimate Foe and The End of Time.

Depending on your opinions on what constitutes a last story, add Survival and Night of the Doctor to the goodies, or the telemovie and the telemovie to the baddies.

EDIT: OK, Hurt probably has a decent claim on best first and last story.