Draftee options thread

What about Aaron Heppell? Have never seen the kid play, but was thinking about it today. Thoughts?

Is he in this years draft?

Yes, he's this year.

Hereditary groin issues?

Is he related?

What about Aaron Heppell? Have never seen the kid play, but was thinking about it today. Thoughts?

Yes, he's this year.

Hereditary groin issues?

Is he related?

brother

Is this going to be like Shane Harvey?

Is this going to be like Shane Harvey?

Only we pick him up at 79 and he is awesome.

So what's the run down on him for those who know nothing?

Yes, he's this year.
Hereditary groin issues?
Is he related?
brother
We're all brothers
Black-White-Handshake--33605%2525255B1%2

Are there any decent Ruckmen going around in the VFL that would be worth a look at. Wish Currie didn’t extend his contract would of been a good 3rd ruck option.

So what's the run down on him for those who know nothing?

No idea personally but from Late-Rookie  pick from what I have read in some phantom drafts.

Are there any decent Ruckmen going around in the VFL that would be worth a look at. Wish Currie didn't extend his contract would of been a good 3rd ruck option.

You're much better off scouting in the WAFL or SANFL for rucks, unless you're scouting in the VFL reserves because almost every team bar Frankston & Bendigo's ruck division is dominated by players either on AFL lists already or delisted in the last year or 2 (Wayde Skipper & Cam Wood).

I presume the club recruited Sikora to the VFL list because they wanted to have a good look at him within their system, Ben Brown will be someone that clubs will look at as a primarily a forward who can hold their own in the ruck. I've seen bugger all of Frankston but given they're basically our farm league our recruiting staff would have a fair idea of whether Russell Gabriel's improved any since his combine invitation year.

2nd game in a row I've seen of Swan Districts, Lobb didn't have anywhere near the impact as last week, but he did pick up a corked thigh early in the game, so his ability to spread and gather possessions away from ruck contests was likely impeded. He did have one particularly nice piece of play, whether intended or not, picking up the ball from a ruck contest and kicking it off the outside of the foot to hit Charlie Cameron in space.

Speaking of Cameron, if he is still available late in the draft I'd almost take the punt because someone is bound to rookie him. A Benfti special, but a much rawer talent than Garlett, in that he doesn't consistently impact games or kick as many goals as Garlett does at this stage.

19 but has played very little football before this year, but the talent is undoubtedly there. Ridiculously quick, good foot skills (have only seen one genuinely bad kick from 2 games and has delivered several tracer-bullet like passes almost them), loves a tackle and unlike some Aboriginal talents in the AFL he has shown the willingness to dive into contests and feed the ball out to others, rather than just seagull around the edges. It is little things that impress me most though, the instinctual things - he had one piece of play that didn't work out for him, he got the ball just outside 50 with nobody in front of him, accelerated, bounced the ball only to find it barely got back above shin height, most players at that point with an opponent on their hammer would panic and slow down to pick the ball up likely getting tackled in the process - he soccered it without breaking stride, too well unfortunately as the ball went out of play before he could catch up to it.

He doesn't have quite as many strings as Garlett at this stage, as Garlett could play wing/HFF/FP in an AFL side whereas Charlie would only be a FP maybe HFF on what I've seen. That being said I really believe that if he doesn't get taken this year he'll have a break-out year in the WAFL next year.

Are there any decent Ruckmen going around in the VFL that would be worth a look at. Wish Currie didn't extend his contract would of been a good 3rd ruck option.

Sam Baulderstone SANFL

Sam Baulderstone SANFL

We did look at him last year. Wouldn't be surprised if we went back given our current situation.

Love that he lost 28kg in one year! Where was he to motivate Jay Neagle?

Rory lobb?

Garlett kicked 3 in a final for swans - I really do wonder where he will fall come draft day.

Garlett kicked 3 in a final for swans - I really do wonder where he will fall come draft day.

Someone is guaranteed to take him before the rookie draft. Outside pace is the flavour of the moment. Surely, No-one will pass him up this time?

Top 20 I reckon. Would be very little chance of going past 2nd round

lol

Top 20 I reckon. Would be very little chance of going past 2nd round

I keep hearing about his issues. Not convinced he will go as early as his talent warrants.

You're much better off scouting in the WAFL or SANFL for rucks, unless you're scouting in the VFL reserves because almost every team bar Frankston & Bendigo's ruck division is dominated by players either on AFL lists already or delisted in the last year or 2 (Wayde Skipper & Cam Wood).

I presume the club recruited Sikora to the VFL list because they wanted to have a good look at him within their system, Ben Brown will be someone that clubs will look at as a primarily a forward who can hold their own in the ruck. I've seen bugger all of Frankston but given they're basically our farm league our recruiting staff would have a fair idea of whether Russell Gabriel's improved any since his combine invitation year.

Gabriel had a fine year for Frankston, named in the VFL Team Of the year and polled well in the Liston.

Gabriel had a fine year for Frankston, named in the VFL Team Of the year and polled well in the Liston.

WSPHU