Dreams and their meanings

I think I started a thread like this here some 30 or 40 years ago. My friend’s recurring dreams about a giraffe were the target of much derision :stuck_out_tongue:

Last night I dreamt I was in a football game. It was a grand final. The scores were level and there were only two minutes left in the game. I was on the bench. The coach roared to me in a loud voice (a la John Kennedy) “Get out there and DO SOMETHING!”

I raced on to the field like a man possessed. With just two minutes remaining I sensed I had the freedom to run wherever I liked. I followed the ball like a madman with no fear. I got my hands on it a number of times and passed it off to team mates but each time we went forward we were wide of the mark and going from one side of the goal to the other.

With seconds to go I raced forward into our goal square to take a pass but collided with a defender and landed flat on my back. Then as if in slow motion I watched the ball come in. No time to get up I threw my left foot out in a desperate attempt to make any contact with the ball at all to score anything at all and win the game. It hit the big toe of my left foot and went through for a goal. The siren sounded just as it crossed the goal line.

True story.

well depends on your level of consciousnesses, to you it seems it fits perfectly, when it probably is delayed.

Usually i only hear my kids, in my dream, try and make me up once or twice, when in fact they have been there for a while.

Doesnt explain how it fits in so perfectly with the story of the dream though

having external noises incorporated into dreams is very common. happens to me all the time when the kids are trying to wake me up.

OK how is it when you dream sometimes and it ends with a knock on the door, the knock on the door fits perectly into the long story of the dream, and you wake up becuase someone is knocking on the door!
Could this be some sort of phsycic ability?

Try pregnancy dreams.weird and vivid.

best dreams I ever had were while taking Valerian, natural sedative for insomnia.

Mind blowingly real…

If you don’t wanna dream (or at least remember them) smoke heaps of weed.

If you really want to dream vividly, smoke heaps of weed, and then quit cold Turkey.

If you want to go to crazy town on your dreams, go to sleep with a nicotine patch on.

I can sometimes remember dreams when I wake, but not often. Rarely do I remember those dreams later in the day. Mostly I remember dreams when I’m hungover, perhaps because I don’t sleep as deeply when I’ve got a skinful.

Some think dreams are the subconsciouses way of addressing unresolved issues or conflict in your waking life. Because those issues are often confronting, they are represented symbolically. So I’d guess that most dreams aren’t pleasant, and it’s a good thing we don’t remember them.

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

What team were you playing for, VD?

I honestly have no idea. I didn’t recognise the venue or the strip. But that is not unusual for me. Strangely, I nearly always dream about places I have never seen before. Honest.

What team were you playing for, VD?

I think we can learn a lot from our dreams. Btw I rarely, if ever, have dreams like that one.
How about you? Have you ever had a really significant dream that made a lasting impression on you?

I’d guess that the dream’s meaning is that you are genius surrounded by fools. Despite their ineptitude, you are able to drag those around you to a higher plane of understanding.

Either that, or it could be a sign of extreme narcissism.

I love that interpretation :slight_smile:
(either way).

I dont remember any of my dreams, if I do in fact dream at all. I sleep I wake up that is all.

I can Lucid dream and its farking awesome.

I have full control over most of my dreams and what i can do in my dreams is pretty much limitless.

I also have the ability to exit a dream that isn’t going to way i want it to, Within my dream i close my eyes count slowly to ten open them and bang im awake.

As a teenager living at home, I had a recurring nightmare that I had aching, bleeding teeth and gums - unbearable pain, so real that I would wake up feeling quite distressed and confused.

Shortly after I moved out of home, I had the same nightmare - only this time, screaming and bawling, I pulled my own teeth out of my head - not one by one, but the whole lot at once.

Think this covered in blood, and that’s basically what I was holding in my hand. Unsettling.

Since then, I’ve never once had the teeth dream. I read somewhere that dreaming of teeth represents independence - so I sort of figured that the successful dream removal of my teeth was my subconscious move into finally becoming independent of my parents.

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink

I can Lucid dream and its farking awesome.

I have full control over most of my dreams and what i can do in my dreams is pretty much limitless.

I also have the ability to exit a dream that isn’t going to way i want it to, Within my dream i close my eyes count slowly to ten open them and bang im awake.

That is an amazing gift, scotty. You are very fortunate.