Dreams and their meanings

A reply to: @Vinnie D regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @scotty21 regarding QuoteLink
I can Lucid dream and its farking awesome.

I have full control over most of my dreams and what i can do in my dreams is pretty much limitless.

I also have the ability to exit a dream that isn’t going to way i want it to, Within my dream i close my eyes count slowly to ten open them and bang im awake.

That is an amazing gift, scotty. You are very fortunate.

Been told its very rare.

Also been told it can have some very dangerous side effects but i haven’t experienced anything like that.

A reply to: @brem06 regarding QuoteLink

As a teenager living at home, I had a recurring nightmare that I had aching, bleeding teeth and gums - unbearable pain, so real that I would wake up feeling quite distressed and confused.

Shortly after I moved out of home, I had the same nightmare - only this time, screaming and bawling, I pulled my own teeth out of my head - not one by one, but the whole lot at once.

Think this covered in blood, and that’s basically what I was holding in my hand. Unsettling.

Since then, I’ve never once had the teeth dream. I read somewhere that dreaming of teeth represents independence - so I sort of figured that the successful dream removal of my teeth was my subconscious move into finally becoming independent of my parents.

Wow. Seriously. I have a question and I'm not taking the p1ss. What are your teeth like?

I have full control over most of my dreams and what i can do in my dreams is pretty much limitless.

I also have the ability to exit a dream that isn’t going to way i want it to, Within my dream i close my eyes count slowly to ten open them and bang im awake.

Been told its very rare.

Also been told it can have some very dangerous side effects but i haven’t experienced anything like that.

Well, you are in a different realm when you are dreaming. You could explore things, seek guidance, ask questions. In that sense I guess it could be a little dangerous if you are not in a good place spiritually and mentally in your awake state. Personally, I wouldn’t say no to your gift.

Been told its very rare.

Well, you are in a different realm when you are dreaming. You could explore things, seek guidance, ask questions. In that sense I guess it could be a little dangerous if you are not in a good place spiritually and mentally in your awake state. Personally, I wouldn’t say no to your gift.

100% accurate. I normally gain control of the dream pretty quickly and from there i have full control of what happens. I’ve had dreams where i can fly, i have dreams i have rescued fair maidens in distress, I’ve had dreams where i’ve been shot stabbed you name it and just stood there and went mental.

Oh and “those” types of dreams as a lucid dreamer are all kinds of awesome.

Reaching stuff from the top middle shelf?

I have had the ability from birth however there are ways to train your brain to lucid dream.

I think I fit into this category of dreaming. Almost felt like writing down some dreams as ideas for movies or a book

I think dream interpretation is a load of old toot, personally, but at this same time it is fun to play amateur psychologist. Which I’ve done for people occasionally.
Most of them seem to have pretty simple answers (if not correct ones) when you just break them down to the simple themes, and then consider the context (who’s doing it? why?) and how the dreamer actually feels about the dream at the time.
Had a young woman tell me about a dream where there were lots of snakes in her bed. I asked if they scared her at the time. Not really.
I thought that was pretty self-explanatory.

I’d heard that losing teeth represented fear of aging, or possibly in this case fear of the responsibility that comes with getting older.
What I find interesting is that you’re pulling your teeth out youself, and all at once.

Anyway, like I said, load of old toot.

Paul McCartney wrote songs while dreaming. Once he woke up having composed “Yesterday”, though he wrote down the lyrics after waking a bit differently. Instead of:

“Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away”

he wrote:
“Scrambled eggs, oh my darling how I love your legs”

I think he may have just come up with the melody in his dream, and wrote down some gibberish to remember the form, and worked out the lyrics later.

A reply to: @brem06 regarding QuoteLink
As a teenager living at home, I had a recurring nightmare that I had aching, bleeding teeth and gums - unbearable pain, so real that I would wake up feeling quite distressed and confused.

Shortly after I moved out of home, I had the same nightmare - only this time, screaming and bawling, I pulled my own teeth out of my head - not one by one, but the whole lot at once.

Think this covered in blood, and that’s basically what I was holding in my hand. Unsettling.

Since then, I’ve never once had the teeth dream. I read somewhere that dreaming of teeth represents independence - so I sort of figured that the successful dream removal of my teeth was my subconscious move into finally becoming independent of my parents.

Wow. Seriously. I have a question and I'm not taking the p1ss. What are your teeth like?

Quite good actually. Just one filling. All in good order.

Once had a dentist tell me I had strong molars… I don’t know if that’s dentist speak for “You’ve got a pretty mouth, boy” or not.

I have 1 wisdom tooth going parallel to the jaw (literally at 90º to the rest of my teeth). Dentist just got curious as to why the hell I only had 3 and X-rayed my face.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

I have 1 wisdom tooth going parallel to the jaw (literally at 90º to the rest of my teeth). Dentist just got curious as to why the hell I only had 3 and X-rayed my face.

I would get it pulled out if I were you. No one notices missing teeth at the back.

A reply to: @wimmera1 regarding QuoteLink

I think dream interpretation is a load of old toot, personally.......

Why aren’t I surprised? :wink:

Quoted Post

A reply to: @wimmera1 regarding QuoteLink
I think dream interpretation is a load of old toot, personally.......

Why aren’t I surprised? :wink:

The most interesting things are a load of old toot.
Ouija boards, aliens, bigfoot, WWE…

whenever i have a meeting the next day that involves an early flight, or a holiday, I always dream of waking up that morning and starting the journey.

Then my alarm goes off…

A reply to: @Henry's Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

I would get it pulled out if I were you. No one notices missing teeth at the back.

They’d have to dig down and find it first.
It’s completely buried.
Adds an air of mystery.

I often dream of regurgitating streams of cigarette butts or clumps of hair.

Unpleasant.

Quoted Post

Unpleasant.

When you think about it, regurgitating it is probably a good thing. I don’t think we’re meant to gurgitate it in the first place.

Quoted Post

Unpleasant.

When you think about it, regurgitating it is probably a good thing. I don’t think we’re meant to gurgitate it in the first place.

Good point, well made. I welcome my next psychologically and physically disturbing dream of this nature.

A reply to: @Henry's Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

They’d have to dig down and find it first.
It’s completely buried.
Adds an air of mystery.

Had a similar thing. Wisdom tooth was impacted at an angle against my rear molar fairly deep down. It had started to decay, and stuffed the tooth it was impacted against. I had then all out in one go under general anesthetic. They literally chisel the farkers out of your head!