Dreams and their meanings

I don’t buy into all dreams meaning something, but I do find the standard ones interesting and I think the explanations for them make sense. For more bizarre things it helps to think in metaphor and if that doesn’t work then focusing on the subject of the dream, whether that’s a person or a place or whatever, can give some insight.

FWIW the explanation for a dream of being naked in an inappropriate place is a fear of being unprepared.
The back to school and its five minutes til exams and you haven’t studied is regret at how something went and the desire to be able to do it over. That doesn’t have to be about school, although it can be, but it’s more likely a recent event that you’re worrying about even if only at the back of your mind.
Losing teeth, no matter how it happens, is a fear of aging.
The sinking ship is interesting. Using the metaphor tool I guess you’d suggest that something is failing but you’ll survive it.

Edit: just noticed I made this same post over a year ago. Am I dreaming?

As a teenager living at home, I had a recurring nightmare that I had aching, bleeding teeth and gums - unbearable pain, so real that I would wake up feeling quite distressed and confused.

Shortly after I moved out of home, I had the same nightmare - only this time, screaming and bawling, I pulled my own teeth out of my head - not one by one, but the whole lot at once.

Think this covered in blood, and that’s basically what I was holding in my hand. Unsettling.

Since then, I’ve never once had the teeth dream. I read somewhere that dreaming of teeth represents independence - so I sort of figured that the successful dream removal of my teeth was my subconscious move into finally becoming independent of my parents.

I know it was 18 months ago but oh my farking gosh dude I had the same sort of dream not long ago. There was no pain or anything like that but all my teeth came out in my hands like that picture and I was trying to get them back into my head to talk to people but I couldn’t get them in properly and they were all sideways and stuff.

And lately I’ve been dreaming about being on a cruise ship that inevitably ends up sinking but I don’t always die.

Still get ones about being completely unprepared for uni exams and assingnments despite graduating over a decade ago.

Some of my most bizarre dreams/hallucinations were when on IV ketamine after some pretty major surgery. Necessary for pain relief, but some almighty strong psychological side effects.

Quoted Post
I think I started a thread like this here some 30 or 40 years ago. My friend's recurring dreams about a giraffe were the target of much derision :P

what computer did you use 40 years ago?

I know I was using a TRS80 from Tandy

Then there was the CINEFEX 8

swear that’s Sammy Newman…has to be

That is DEFINITELY Sammy Newman! :slight_smile:

Just woke up in a cold sweat.

Was dreaming of Ambrose going up in the Ruck against Goldstein.
Lucky we won’t get to see that…hehe {nervous laughter}

Just woke up in a cold sweat.

Was dreaming of Ambrose going up in the Ruck against Goldstein.
Lucky we won’t get to see that…hehe {nervous laughter}

Aren’t you going to watch the game?