Dreamtime 2023 review thread

Greg Champion isnt great vocally, though the others provide some terrific back up vocals.

Im gonna have to come up with my own song.
Blitz has provided so much material.

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the right spot for the song in the podcast, for those who just want to hear it

2 Likes

"BZT I’m sorry I ever doubted you’ :smile:

Edit: Will have to give the whole show a listen when I get some time.

1 Like

I went to like this and realised I already had.

One of us, one of us, one of us…

I was impressed by that chase, thought Rioli would just burn him off but he did just enough to keep him looking over his shoulder

2 Likes

I thought it was bloody ordinary to watch. I understand we where slowing ball movement down to try and control the game. But i thought this tactic was overused and should have moved the ball quicker at times.

Both teams turned the ball over a lot, but both teams didnt capitalize on these opitunitys as much as they should have.

All in all good to win. But it was a long way off our best.

1 Like

Forty years ago Greg Champion sang lead vocals for The Fabulaires, a little local band which almost had a residency at The London Tavern in North Melbourne. I had a mate who played guitar for them, Wayne Burt (who also played in Dadday Cool at one stage). They cut a 6 track EP which charted briefly, but disbanded when one of the girls died in a car accident on the way back from a gig in Adelaide. The highlight of their set was not Champion doing Rhinestone Cowboy, but rather Ghost Riders on The Storm.

I was supposed to play football for the Coodabeens in 1985 against a team put together by Dr. Turf IIRC. Anyway, it was promoted by 3RRR. In the end l couldn’t make it as l came down with a raging flu, that knocked me around for nearly 2 weeks. Even so, l was still strongly considering playing as l thought l would never get another chance to play for them, which turned out to be the case. l decided not to attempt such madness, as l would have infected everyone else with the virus. That was also the last time l had the flu.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/kyptastic1/status/1661258710214385664?s=46&t=YGdPXSqojqeDwdjPFXFTRQ

10 Likes

Pretty much! :laughing:

I’m here now because I don’t want this thread to stop.

3 Likes

What is Trout’s handle on Bigfooty ?
Surely 1 of @Wanderlust or @Finding_Nino will know ???

@nobendfromwoodend

4 Likes

Watching the replay again, Nankervis is a sniping ■■■■.

6 Likes

Sunday morning when I woke to the sport news on the radio, I thought I had dreamt the win - heard a commentator saying that the Tigers had a big win. Turned out it was the NRL Tigers. Typical ABC Sydney doing the NRL rugby league results before the AFL ones.

8 Likes

Hahahaha Amazing

Especially against Essendon!

1 Like

Yep. Gave Hobbs a sly thump to the back of the head in a tackle. Not seen or ignored. He is a big, lumbering type, the old fashioned enforcer, a bit of a throw back to an earlier era, but he does compete hard and always gives a tough contest.

1 Like

So annoying - ABC news being Sydney based will run one sports story and instead of the national footy code they’ll pick some local Sydney rugby league game with teams nobody’s ever heard of, the Rabbit Boys vs the Newcastle Nickerbockers or something. Nobody cares guys, which is why nobody turns up.

4 Likes

I think you have sort of nailed the strategy, but what I recall hearing somewhere sounds better: we were deliberately switching sides, not only to take their run, pressure and chaos game away from them, but because Brad realised that, with their game style, it would force them to run so much further than us, and spend all their petrol tickets.

4 Likes

True. Yes we switched a lot, they also did, maybe not as much.