Dreamtime game thread vs Richmond (year TBC)

If they fumble or miss goals in practice before the match.

3 Likes

I also think those starting to eye off finals risk undermining what has made this season great - zero expectations! I’m trying desperately to hold onto (not having) them but it gets harder and harder the better we look.

4 Likes

Tonight is a marquee game that will have all of the footy world watching, and no doubt judging, after all the praise and hype we’ve attracted over the last couple of weeks.

It goes without saying that we’d all love to win. It would be huge and build enormous belief among not just our playing group but all of us, the supporters.

But to be honest, and this might be due to the low expectations I had on us before the season, even if we were to have an off night and get comfortably beaten I have already seen enough to be really positive about where we are headed as a group.

We have a playing and coaching group who are clearly aligned, we have a game plan and a method of ball movement that is not just well understood but is contemporary. Perhaps more crucial yet, it is built around what is overwhelmingly still a young team with many years ahead of them. Win or lose tonight, the future is bright regardless IMO.

22 Likes

Worth remembering we won the Richo fifty game by more than a goal.

3 Likes

Haha correct at the death but factually correct. Was it McPhee that launched the final nail from outside 50? Richo was still raging after the siren.

Also guys, after a long drought against the Tiges, if we win tonight what is your ideal celebration. My cousin and I have this running joke that we’d order a 21L bucket of Masterfoods Mayo and tip it on ourselves. 50 bucks + shipping and dreams really can come true.

7 Likes

Mcphee levelled it, handy points from JJ and Houli and Lloyd goal after the siren

1 Like

There you go. It was a great game. Richos goal was fantastic and the hands in the back call was awful. That rule really is a thing of the past these days. The AFL really have brought in some trash rules over the years.

Richmond’s era is coming to an end.

However our media hype through the week has been wayyyyyy too much

1 Like

Legit thought the Richmond GS were going to start a riot that night. They were foaming at the mouth

2 Likes

Yeah nah. He pushed both of the 2s on Mal Michael’s back.

This has a bit of Dreamtime 2018 about it, we went win after a couple of wins and suddenly people were going nuts about us, we ended up getting demolished by 12 goals.

Tbf we were in the game the first half bar pathetic umpiring decision that kept going against us.

9 Likes

Heff I’m sorry you had to hear this from me but unfortunately / fortunately Carrot Salad was eaten.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the game Stewart was being played as our main kpf and whilst we were in the game players kept looking up and had nothing to kick to as he wasn’t resetting to provide option as well as getting beaten continually when he was

Next week we brought in Mitch Brown and we got on run of wins steaming home in back half of year

I remember that one. I left early and went shopping at Kmart.

Richmond/Cochin are not so confident about this game that they are prepared to allow Cochin compassionate leave to go back to Melbourne. It is said they have extremely good depth. Apparently not.

YOU MONSTER

1 Like

You can sense the nervousness in Blitzers’ predictions and no wonder. How many times have our expectations been blown to pieces over the last 20 years! Dare I believe again that we can beat the Tiges? Well yes, I believe we can. Both teams have injuries to star players but our injuries have created opportunities in which players like Parish, Merrett, McGrath, Cox, Perkins, Laverde, Tippa and even Phillips have flourished - and done it week after week. Richmond’s losses are compounding and this week losing Nankervis could be fatal, although Edwards coming in is a big plus for them. But a realistic assessment invites the conclusion that this might just be the day we break the hoodoo going back to 2014 and we win by 24 points. It’s a Dreamtime game, and I’m having wonderful dreams!!

2 Likes

I remember cracking the ■■■■■ and storming off , as a 9 year old when Daniel Jackson put them ahead just before half time. Richo wasn’t meant to be playing but somehow did, he had fractured an eye socket the week before

prolly the best measuring stick to where the side is actually at, tonight.

obviously both sides way they want to play is identical, so i guess we will find out how far we are off being the new richmond.

that being said, could get ugly even without them necessarily playing badly.