Drinking Spirits

We have a Beer Thread, and a Wine thread, but a fair search effort revealed although there’s been random convo’s on Gin, Bourbon, Scotch etc, … there was no thread on Spirits,… and I really needed somewhere to say how much I’m enjoying this pretty reasonably priced Bourb…

a61a0d9d82c631ea5df680c15a9e0ec8

Totally equals many, & fully shitz on a few I’ve tried at twice the cost.

7 Likes

Essendon killed my spirits years ago

17 Likes

You had more than one?? :thinking:

Find out what Steele Sidebottom was on last Saturday Night. Must be good ■■■■!

1 Like

Jesus wept this is good gin, from Tassie:

3 Likes

I’m not buying something so tragically aimed at the Hipster wannabe’s . ( A fking JAR, reaaaalllyyy?? :joy:)

But it’s Aussie made, so enjoy!!

1 Like

yeah the jar is ■■■■■ but it does have a spring loaded pouring spout. The contents are worth it.

2 Likes

They’ve got about 5 gins, 2 vodkas and a coffee liqueur. The later is also da bomb.

Some of the proceeds of every bottle sold goes towards wombat preservation.

2 Likes

Company bias aside, this is probably the best blended whisky I’ve ever had…

51L+rlImrtL.AC_SY400

3 Likes

Scotch on ice…hold the scotch

5 Likes

You slingin booze for Pernod?

Just spent 18 months as the food safety and quality internal auditor for Chivas Brothers in Glasgow. Not gonna lie, best part of the job was the monthly product allowance :grin::grin::grin:

18 Likes

Got about 20 different bottles of rum at home at the moment. For anyone into dark rums that aren’t saturated in unbearable added sweetness and spice, have a crack at the Gosling Black Seal. Goes for about $60-70 in Aus and just about the best drop I have had in a Dark Rum.

For a golden style rum, another one worth considering (if you’ve got the money because it’s a tad pricey) is the Diplomatico Reserva. I was lucky enough to first try that at a Dan’s tasting session (I couldn’t believe the opened a $100 bottle for tasting) and immediately bought one. Was further lucky enough to be given another bottle as a gift.

If I had to select a spiced rum that’s my fave, the Kracken goes alright for an everyday drinker but I think the one I’ve enjoyed most is one called Red Legs wasn’t bad as it had some ginger infused through it to actually give it some spice down the throat instead of an overbearing sweetness.

4 Likes

download.jpeg-7

4 Likes

Nothing says “glass ya mate” like a pot of Bundy and Coke out of the tap, at the local.

14 Likes

The Limeburners whisky blows your head right off. The Shiraz gin I’m yet to try but all the cool kids are recommending it to me.

7 Likes

That shiraz gin is really bloody good.

2 Likes

I am keen to explore gin a bit more. Don’t mind a good G&T but after trying some Sloe Gin at my old mans place in Tassie a couple of years ago I’m very keen to explore these.

Whisky is my go to though. Shelf at the moment.

Wolf of the Willows brewery in Mordialloc do a collaboration with Lark every year, putting their Imperial Smoked Porter into Lark barrels to age before canning. Last year Lark then took the barrels back and put a blend back into them to aged before bottling and selling. I decided not to last year, wont be showing the same restraint this time around. The beer is phenomenal, I expect the whisky will be the same!

5 Likes

I find cheap stuff is just as good, if you’re shelving it.

6 Likes

Ironically, it’s only really ever a matter of time before everyone who isn’t a ‘hipster’ ends up adopting it and accepting it.