Drinking Spirits

Had the pleasure of trying some of this when i lived in London.

Honestly the best spiced rum i’ve ever had and i’m not a big spiced rum fan.

2 Likes

Job I was at a few years back, the owner offered a cuppa, … then presented them in glass jars,… with HANDLES!!

It was all I could do to stop from pizzing myself laughing and exclaiming “WTAF”!

Couldn’t stop the involuntary little head tilt though.

Humans eh?

The Shiraz gin is their best but overall I think 4 Pillars is more marketing than quality. Patient Wolf is a better local gin IMHO.

I enjoy a good Whisky & Australia is producing some seriously good stuff atm. Haven’t tried Limeburners but my curiosity is now spiked. I’ll lookout for it.

Anyone who enjoys vodka & hasn’t yet tried Hartshorn should absolutely give it a try. Its the only Vodka I’ll drink. Its way to good to mix & is an excellent sipper.

1 Like

Glad they decided on a bottle that wasn’t too ostentatious, eh?. :wink:

3 Likes

lol

Yeah, fair call.

Better than being served as a shoey though, no?

1 Like

I’m a massive spiced rum fan! I now want to try this…

Reckon the best spiced rums are either Captain Morgan Black or Barron Samedi

1 Like

Please rename this to “The Steele Sidebottom Thread”

1 Like

I would highly recommend, it’s not as sweet as Cap Morgan or Barron Samedi, it actually has a sort of lemon ‘sorbet’ profile to it.

I have no doubt somewhere in Melbourne in some dinky bar like ‘Hats and Tatts’, you’ll probably be able to find it.

1 Like

Noted.

2 Likes

Blanton’s is a good low to mid priced bourbon.
I drink Beam at home.
I go for the higher end stuff when I’m out.
Also, Mrs Wim really dislikes the smell of high alcohol bourbons.

1 Like

I really rate the El dorado rums for value for Golden rums. And for local the Beenleigh 5year double barrel is very good for the price.

1 Like

That lime burners is fairly good, I don’t mind the upshot whiskey they do either. The Shiraz gin is not my thing but it’s clearly a lot of other people’s.

1 Like

Two very different gins to compare there. I really like what patient wolf do, but I’m not sure comparing the Four Pillars rare dry to it is apples to apples.

No arguments there regarding the Beenleigh Double Barrell. Not a bad drop.

My next purchase might be an El Dorado, aside from a glass at the Rum Bar in the Breakfast Creek Hotel, I’m yet to buy a bottle.

1 Like

I’m currently making some gin

8 Likes

Absolutely, 4P does a wider variety & as I said the Shiraz is IMHO their best & a unique difference but I was more comparing their standard mixing dry. Overall I think the quality of PW is better but I must admit gin is not my go to spirit. I cross paths with a lot of local producers & have worked with a few like 4 Pillars & Starwards developing products. Actually we’re1 working at the moment with Heathcote Gin who have just started to get some exposure through Dan Murphy’s . They do a chocolate gin which is worth a try but I’m still not sure what to do with it other than straight - its good. Their “Founders” is excellent quality, smooth enough to drink straight & mixes well

image image

No OP?

Interesting. What sort of product have you had a hand in?

1 Like

I like smokey/peatey scotch(islay), and smooth reposado tequilas.

Not really a mixed drinks fan, just don’t like soft drinks.

5 Likes