Drinking Spirits

Using local spirits (and by-products) in other products like sauces, jams, marmalade etc. Also looking at flavoured spirits combining local produce like raspberries, meyer lemons etc. I’m usually at a lot of local food & wine trade shows and love chatting to distillers & trying new products.

1 Like

sodawater is your friend.

1 Like

That’s the best I’ve ever had straight, so smooth. Got a proper sized bottle at Salamanca market. Disappointed they sell it in Melbourne for the same price for a 500ml bottle.

The poms do a more reasonably priced one made from cows whey.

1 Like

Mmm, . been a while since I had Tequila. Might have to buy a Bottle when it warms up a bit.

Uno que recomendarías probar?

What are your faves? I tried lots of tequilas in Mexico & really enjoyed some of them but I’ve hardly had it since. I reckon I should add a reposado to my bar - Patron or have you got something I need to try?

Been getting stuck into these lately :

2 Likes

Just googled, Liquorland has it…

1 Like

No love in here for cognac? The best way of all to finish a good meal.

And then of course there are liqueurs…

3 Likes

Take it to the fortified wine &/or aperitif thread!!

2 Likes

14 Likes

Winning.

1 Like

Why? Neither cognac nor liqueurs are fortified wines of aperitifs.

1 Like

LOL!

Cognac is old brandy - a fortified wine.

It’s the one spirit I cannot do. This is primarily due to sculling a full hit flask straight when I was a teen. This resulted in me being comatose in a chair in the middle of a birthday party spewing up for several hours, much to the amusement of my ‘friends’.

Even the smell of it now some 30 years later makes me queasy.

Also having played in bands for years we found that "Bundy + coke + ‘Khe Sahn’ " results in instant fighting.

2 Likes

i love rum

a huge spiced rum fan. kraken or sailor Jerry are normally my go to

or a night like tonight, itll be Bundy :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For those that don’t mind a STIFF drink

11 Likes

Fortified wine is not a spirit.

Likewise. Similar story involving lot’s of spilt Bundy & Coke in the Loungeroom one party night, and entering it after waking late on a hot afternoon after the Sun had been cooking it all day.

The fking stink!!, … I spewed instantly.

Can’t go near Bundy or it’s ilk since,… just the smell of it makes my guts churn.

Do still enjoy the White Rums though.

I know that, but cognac is not a fortified wine. It’s a spirit distilled from a dry white wine. Fortified wine is wine to which some spirit (usually brandy) has been added.

3 Likes