Dumb Questions Amnesty

Dead set

A couple of uni bands in my day were Sid Cessna & The Propellers and Con Krakatoa & The Hot Lavas.

'Free beer' would generate a bit of a crowd most nights.

Been done. Melbourne band in the '70s.

Once the All Australian squad is named.....who do they play?

Washington generals

Once the All Australian squad is named.....who do they play?

Washington generals

Do do do do dodo do do do do do do

In footy we have the great tradition of the winning team standing in a circle, arms over shoulders, badly singing the club song and then for some reason at the end they all go wooooo in girly voices. Why?

Got the option of Roast roll and chips or Indian tonight… decisions decisions.

Got the option of Roast roll and chips or Indian tonight.. decisions decisions.

Roast FTW. You must be in the Gold Coast. That place must have more carvery’s per head than any other city

What’s the deal with conductors in the orchestra? Do they know how to play every instrument, cause they sure make out like they do. I’m assuming the instruments aren’t amplified and he’s getting each section to work harder if required, but who would know?

Got the option of Roast roll and chips or Indian tonight.. decisions decisions.

Roast FTW. You must be in the Gold Coast. That place must have more carvery’s per head than any other city

Im out in Officer and we have an amazing carvery.

What's the deal with conductors in the orchestra? Do they know how to play every instrument, cause they sure make out like they do. I'm assuming the instruments aren't amplified and he's getting each section to work harder if required, but who would know?

I’ve met two conductors in my life. Neither of them are working the orchestra for the venue / patron, but for their own pleasure. Think of it as setting up the sound for a cinema but only seat 5a has the best sound instead of every seat.

I have a 9yo German Shepherd who, despite being reasonably healthy, is slowing down, and has recently either hurt himself badly or developed a tumour, arthritis or fracture. Have had blood tests. Can’t be sure without an x-ray.

I’ve always figured I was going to put him down some day, but had hoped it would be over something more clear cut than this. I like this dog but I’m no dog mad dog loving dog person.

Should I spend countless dollars finding out what’s wrong with him before making a decision I’ve been preparing myself for for awhile?

I have a 9yo German Shepherd who, despite being reasonably healthy, is slowing down, and has recently either hurt himself badly or developed a tumour, arthritis or fracture. Have had blood tests. Can't be sure without an x-ray.

I’ve always figured I was going to put him down some day, but had hoped it would be over something more clear cut than this. I like this dog but I’m no dog mad dog loving dog person.

Should I spend countless dollars finding out what’s wrong with him before making a decision I’ve been preparing myself for for awhile?

From personal experience, finding out whats wrong then coming to a decision with the vet afterwards is probably the best way forward. If you don’t get the x-ray or scans you’ll always wonder if it was an easy fix that just had to be diagnosed.

My cat tried to die on me 12 years ago. Told him to HTFU (and put on drip/chopped open etc to reveal not very much).

Beelzebob is still annoying me today.

I have a 9yo German Shepherd who, despite being reasonably healthy, is slowing down, and has recently either hurt himself badly or developed a tumour, arthritis or fracture. Have had blood tests. Can't be sure without an x-ray.

The three things you mention have very different symptoms. And if your vet can’t give you at least a very well educated guess without an X-ray then I’d find a new vet.

Good luck. Always a tough place to be in.

FFS Why are there still “minimum spends” for EFTPOS. It’s 2016. FFS

FFS Why are there still "minimum spends" for EFTPOS. It's 2016. FFS

Why don’t you carry around a $2 coin?I ■■■■■■■ hate waiting in line because some ■■■■■■■■ wants to buy a lollipop and put it on card. So even if you tap you still have to wait a few seconds for it to be approved.

Why don’t you carry around a $2 coin?I ■■■■■■■ hate waiting in line because some ■■■■■■■■ wants to buy a lollipop and put it on card. So even if you tap you still have to wait a few seconds for it to be approved.

Yeah fine - 2 bucks I’m down with. Here’s how it went down today though:

Me: “I’ll have the chicken and avocado focaccia thanks.”
Cafe lady: “$9.00 thank you”
Me: “No worries, just on the Paywave thanks”
Cafe lady: “Oh, sorry - we have a $10 minimum EFTPOS.”
Me: “Right. No worries.”
check wallet - approx. $4.70 in coins - no dice
scan menu
“And a side of chips is an extra $2?”
Cafe lady: “Yes sir, that’s correct”
Me: “OK - well, let’s do that then.”

I see what they’re doing there.

Coffee shops with their $5 minimum do the same thing. Medium will cost you $4.90, Large $5.50.

I’m onto them.

You still have to stand around and wait for them to give you your change.

$10 is a bit of a stretch. Local guys I go to have a $5 one but it’s mainly for blow in off the street who want a bottle of water and want to pay on card. Generally if you bought heaps of stuff, walked out and on the way out forgot something and it costs around $3 they let you pay wave it.