Dumb Questions Amnesty

FFS Why are there still "minimum spends" for EFTPOS. It's 2016. FFS

Why don’t you carry around a $2 coin?I ■■■■■■■ hate waiting in line because some ■■■■■■■■ wants to buy a lollipop and put it on card. So even if you tap you still have to wait a few seconds for it to be approved.

You still have to stand around and wait for them to give you your change.

Still won’t take as long providing the clerk isn’t an idiot

Tender hooks. Please explain.

Tender hooks. Please explain.

tenterhooks’…

Wow. That was a dumb question.

Makes sense.
I guess you’d move carefully if you had hooks in your tenter.

How about hookers in your tent

What's the deal with conductors in the orchestra? Do they know how to play every instrument, cause they sure make out like they do. I'm assuming the instruments aren't amplified and he's getting each section to work harder if required, but who would know?
What's the deal with conductors in the orchestra? Do they know how to play every instrument, cause they sure make out like they do. I'm assuming the instruments aren't amplified and he's getting each section to work harder if required, but who would know?

A conductor is a musician and artist in his own right. Most likely plays an instrument but not necessarily. He should be able to get the orchestra (not amplified) to play a piece with the utmost balance & colour and be able to achieve the effect and style as the composer had intended with a touch of his own personal interpretation.
In layman terms it could be like tuning an engine so all the components work in harmony until the motor achieves the correct humming.

A conductor is a musician and artist in his own right. Most likely plays an instrument but not necessarily. He should be able to get the orchestra (not amplified) to play a piece with the utmost balance & colour and be able to achieve the effect and style as the composer had intended with a touch of his own personal interpretation.
In layman terms it could be like tuning an engine so all the components work in harmony until the motor achieves the correct humming.

I’d like to see a conductor who’s instrument was guitar he surely would fire upthe rest of the orchestra.
I have a 9yo German Shepherd who, despite being reasonably healthy, is slowing down, and has recently either hurt himself badly or developed a tumour, arthritis or fracture. Have had blood tests. Can't be sure without an x-ray.

I’ve always figured I was going to put him down some day, but had hoped it would be over something more clear cut than this. I like this dog but I’m no dog mad dog loving dog person.

Should I spend countless dollars finding out what’s wrong with him before making a decision I’ve been preparing myself for for awhile?

Go to a country vet, they will be honest and forthright about what can and can’t be done and generally cheaper. From my experience city vets know that people will pay anything to keep their pets going and will gladly string you along. Hence the huge increase in pharmaceuticals for pets.

When we were in the US earlier this year Mrs WP and I went to Walmart, as you do, and went to purchase some allergy tablets which are crazy cheap compared to Aussie prices. I asked the young lass who came over about the hundreds of scripts and bags I could see hanging behind the counter and she told me that the number 1 on the list was diabetes treatments and the number 2 was anxiety pills for dogs.

FFS Why are there still "minimum spends" for EFTPOS. It's 2016. FFS

Why don’t you carry around a $2 coin?I ■■■■■■■ hate waiting in line because some ■■■■■■■■ wants to buy a lollipop and put it on card. So even if you tap you still have to wait a few seconds for it to be approved.

Hmm, that is not how the ad for paywave goes though. Everything is faster because you just wave a card, the poor sucker riding his skateboard with the coins just ends up throwing them everywhere!

I have a 9yo German Shepherd who, despite being reasonably healthy, is slowing down, and has recently either hurt himself badly or developed a tumour, arthritis or fracture. Have had blood tests. Can't be sure without an x-ray.

I’ve always figured I was going to put him down some day, but had hoped it would be over something more clear cut than this. I like this dog but I’m no dog mad dog loving dog person.

Should I spend countless dollars finding out what’s wrong with him before making a decision I’ve been preparing myself for for awhile?

Go to a country vet, they will be honest and forthright about what can and can’t be done and generally cheaper. From my experience city vets know that people will pay anything to keep their pets going and will gladly string you along. Hence the huge increase in pharmaceuticals for pets.

When we were in the US earlier this year Mrs WP and I went to Walmart, as you do, and went to purchase some allergy tablets which are crazy cheap compared to Aussie prices. I asked the young lass who came over about the hundreds of scripts and bags I could see hanging behind the counter and she told me that the number 1 on the list was diabetes treatments and the number 2 was anxiety pills for dogs.

fkn wat?

fkn wat?

fetishists are ■■■■■■ mate.

fkn wat?

Yep, I reckon that it is just an easy way for people to grab their chill pills!

There is a lady down the road from us that moved out here a year back and her little city bred dog was carrying on and didn’t like the bush or the noises and so she took him to the vet to get some help. The vet offered her some valium and said that if it got really bad then she should just take them herself.

You can get one for cats, too. It’s called Moggydon.

You can get one for cats, too. It's called Moggydon.

I believe if you run a wildlife park you can also get Rohipponol.

fkn wat?

Yep, I reckon that it is just an easy way for people to grab their chill pills!

There is a lady down the road from us that moved out here a year back and her little city bred dog was carrying on and didn’t like the bush or the noises and so she took him to the vet to get some help. The vet offered her some valium and said that if it got really bad then she should just take them herself.

Rolo’s dog has been through a lot. Rolo would step away and then it’s straight to the Caddyfest, Jaeger, Hurley threads. No wonder it needs those pills.

Do they even sell Weeties anymore? Don’t have them at Coles

Has anyone used UBER or know of an UBER driver? If so what are they like to use? How does the rating thing work?

What do you do when a family member reckons a parent is getting early dementia but you can’t see it and you’re pretty sure they wouldn’t have a bar of it too? At a complete loss with this one. You start finding yourself studying them and wondering yourself about stuff you probably wouldn’t have.

What do you do when a family member reckons a parent is getting early dementia but you can't see it and you're pretty sure they wouldn't have a bar of it too? At a complete loss with this one. You start finding yourself studying them and wondering yourself about stuff you probably wouldn't have.

Get a professional to advise?