Dumb Questions Amnesty

So, I suppose that if you have wind power , you could rig up a basic off the grid to generate a bit of light and heating if there is enough wind, like those wind up torches or southern cross windmills ?

Heating perhaps not so much, it takes a lot of wattage, and consistent supply to run heaters.

If you have some particular application need, such as continual non supply, blackouts, I would suggest slow com stove, or lpg gas back up for heating.

Wind alone is tricky, and in my mind, is near redundant without storage to get that consistency.

I canā€™t remember when I have seen a turbine in use without it, even if it was just a bunch of (or just 2) 12 or 24 volt deep cycles wired in parallel, to supply lighting and tvā€™s etc, on a DC circuit/system.

It sounds like that is what you need, and of course itā€™s far easier to install at build stage than retro fit, but it can be done.

When people donā€™t quite u/stand this, I normally say, ā€œThink of your basic Caravanā€, ā€¦ it has 2 circuits running throughout, one 12V DC, and one 240 AC.

To complete the analogy, it has a 3 way fridge (gas, 240 & 12 DC), and gas cooking, ( & heating - gas oven ) so it can function the same, being connected to 240, or to no more than your carā€™s battery.

A home can be set up in the exact same way.

I do have basic back up for blackouts after one lasting two weeks , bushfire wiped out the substation. Was thinking more of renewables, so no go, although awfully windy where I live, mini windmill in the garden goes like the clappers most days.

Donā€™t get me wrong it would work, but your lights et al would dim & brighten at the will of the wind, or not run at all if itā€™s still. The batteries are really essential, but, itā€™s not a difficult or cost prohibitive thing to set up a small bank of batteries.

I have made set ups & seen others, sorted out with a car alternator/generator, fitted with an old fan blade, charging a bank of a hundred, gotten for nix and rejuvenated car batteries, ā€¦ not deep cycle of course, but set up almost if not completely for free.

With the whole house on 12v dc, and a wood burning slo com stove with water jacket, folks lived perfectly well, and that was pre solar panels.

Been there done that with the slow combustion stove heating house and water, it was a chore and too hard in the summer, also polluting depending on the fuel.

Don't get me wrong it would work, but your lights et al would dim & brighten at the will of the wind, or not run at all if it's still. The batteries are really essential, but, it's not a difficult or cost prohibitive thing to set up a small bank of batteries.

I have made set ups & seen others, sorted out with a car alternator/generator, fitted with an old fan blade, charging a bank of a hundred, gotten for nix and rejuvenated car batteries, ā€¦ not deep cycle of course, but set up almost if not completely for free.

With the whole house on 12v dc, and a wood burning slo com stove with water jacket, folks lived perfectly well, and that was pre solar panels.

This week on Survivor, BSD hooks up a car alternator to a windmill to generate the tribe some power.

They wonā€™t need to blindside BSD to vote him out of the game.

The memes might get BSD across the Survivor line.

I frigginā€™ love memes.
And reaction gifs.

But no, puns are great too.
People who love puns should totally get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about memes.
Just post a hundred variations on the word ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , now.
I think BD has had one too many.

HAHAHAHAHAfarkoff.

Don't get me wrong it would work, but your lights et al would dim & brighten at the will of the wind, or not run at all if it's still. The batteries are really essential, but, it's not a difficult or cost prohibitive thing to set up a small bank of batteries.

This week on Survivor, BSD hooks up a car alternator to a windmill to generate the tribe some power.

Except youā€™d probably have to make bamboo propeller blades of course ā€¦

BSD might get to create a new series as a spin off on that ABC bush mechanics show.

Didnā€™t discovery channel do a doomsday show locking 16 people in a simulated disaster area?

If you mean The Colony, ā€¦ that was fantastic.

And Bush Mechanics is also great, ā€¦ one of the best things to be on TV ever.

Iā€™m trying to find a very specific shot in a film.

I am looking for a shot that flies over the ocean for a long time.

I thought there was one at the start of ā€˜dead calmā€™ but I was wrong.

Anyone know of one.

Our family with regards to birthdays / christmas seems to have become an exchange of cash. I give you $100 you give me $100.

Should I just tell the family to cancel all gifts? Would this annoy you?

If itā€™s come down to that ā€¦

Yes.

No.

Our family with regards to birthdays / christmas seems to have become an exchange of cash. I give you $100 you give me $100.

Should I just tell the family to cancel all gifts? Would this annoy you?

Then, there was someone in the family with same system as yours, who said he could not afford to do Kris Kringle that year. He would have been allowed to do it on credit, if only he asked.

Ribbed Condoms what happens if you use one inside out ? Does it increase your pleasure ? if your male that is.

Ribbed Condoms what happens if you use one inside out ? Does it increase your pleasure ? if your male that is.

You have a male?