Dumb Questions Amnesty

Liquor licensing laws allow the server to get fined, not just the license holder/business. So servers generally go with the rule of “bit of doubt/grey area/uncertainty/whatever = don’t serve”.

And funnily enough, the minor is 23 (albeit without ID)

Yeah, he was actually holding my shopping. After all, why have a dog and bark yourself.
He does look younger thats true, despite the fluffy beard and tatt’s.

Sometimes common sense just has to prevail.

wheres pazza these days?

wheres pazza these days?

Wanting to move to Perth.

^^^ And the diff between pub/club & bottle-o is that it is service of alcohol in a ready form (bottle already open, to be had onsite generally)

Unless she’s mixing drinks at the register, I’d say she is loony.

And the below is straight from the guidelines on packaged liquor licences used by super markets & bottle shops:

1. Minors on Premises
    5.1 No minors are to be permitted on the licensed premises unless they are accompanied by
    a parent, spouse or guardian or a responsible adult.
    5.2 The licensee shall ensure that any minor employed to work on licensed premises is not
    involved in the supply of liquor other than in an approved training program.
    5.3 The licensee must maintain a list/register of minors employed on the premises (which may
    be the business time and wages record book) and which is available upon request for
    viewing by an authorised officer of the Victoria Police or a gambling and liquor inspector
    under the meaning of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
    5.4 The licensee must, where there are reasonable grounds for considering that an adult is
    purchasing alcohol for a minor, decline the purchase of the alcohol.

That’s the bit!

I actually just realised that I don’t know what that really means. Is there another 5 point guideline for this?

Its not illegal. It was the customer service girl being over zealous regarding supply to a minor.

why is West Richmond station actually east of Richmond station!?

They ran out of the word ‘North’?

They ran out of the word 'North'?
If they hadn't renamed Swan Street station they wouldn't have had a problem...

(Admittedly, Swan Street station was a silly name, given the rail is parallel to that road.)

Like Spencer Street being named Southern Cross. Real helpful for the out of towners and the tourists who rely on the Hoddle grid to get their bearings.

Like Spencer Street being named Southern Cross. Real helpful for the out of towners and the tourists who rely on the Hoddle grid to get their bearings.
You know what's even more helpful for tourists? "Melbourne Central" station being a shopping centre.
They ran out of the word 'North'?
If they hadn't renamed Swan Street station they wouldn't have had a problem...

(Admittedly, Swan Street station was a silly name, given the rail is parallel to that road.)

Magnetic reversal planning?

Do you ever wonder if the guys who make toiletries for hotels are ■■■■■■ that they have to give their products away? Shoe shine, shower cap, toothbrush, soap shampoo etc. all free.

Then the guy who sells water comes in that’ll be $8 please.

They’re usually part of the cleaning bill.

If there is a blackout, can a household still get electricity supply from a household renewable such as solar or domestic wind power?

Yes.

Yes.
If there is a blackout, can a household still get electricity supply from a household renewable such as solar or domestic wind power?

If you have solar you cannot use in a blackout. This is to prevent injury to anyone working on the power line having solar generated power in the lines
Not sure on what happens if you have batteries

No (legally, anyway). You have to choose whether to be on the network, or not.

In theory I guess you could have two independent sets of wiring, but that would just be annoying most of the time [unless your home is set up specifically for it].

Sorry, I always consider there’s storage involved, & if so an Isolation switch on the batteries means you can still have juice, & of course if your non con on the grid con, you’re all good.