Dumb Questions Amnesty

Dont tip unless payed cash. If I did, it use to just be round up to the nearest dollar or note.

A mate of mine did liquor deliveries for a place in City Beach over here. Those who know a bit about Perth will know that City Beach is a very nice address. He did it for about 18 months and in that time was tipped regularly including having sex with 3 different housewives. He genuinely loved that job.

1 Like

I can see what you’ve got open in your other tabs now.

Dear Penthouse Forum, I always thought the letters here were all made up, but …

1 Like

They are! About $250 bucks a letter, so i’ve heard…

I don’t think they are made up. My letter “A Lesbian No More” got published.

3 Likes

Alright, someone asked me a while ago if I could name an example of ‘remastering’ significantly changing an album.
Have a listen to the 25th anniversary edition of For The Working Class Man.

I get that even at the time that album was a clutch at US acceptance, but…hooooooly ■■■■, does that version just sound like US Country.

That is not the album I bought.
That is not the album I listened to by myself and at countless parties.
It’s just not.

Sorry, but I’d be no help there,… I never listened to the first one.

Chisel / Barnes lost me at Circus Animals unfortunately.

A lot of albums in the cassette and CD area are remixed for the individual country / region.

But as for remixing songs completely (i.e. whole different rendition), to give you other examples Take That had a lot of the songs ‘jazzed up’ for the US release. The Corrs also did something similar to give it a more country feel as opposed to Irish for US releases. Even Savage Garden did a few US remixes.

Yes but the question was about “remastering” not “remixing”; they are two entirely different things.

Remastering gives you the final “mix” and lets you adjust the EQ, compression etc

Remixing gives you access to all of the individual tracks and takes, allowing a lot more influence over the sound and then also lets you “remaster”

1 Like

Sure but you can’t make something more country sounding by remastering can you?

I very much doubt it. You can only really work with the tone not the feel. You could add a bit of twang for example but not the way that twang was played; that stuff is already set in stone.

Thus why I answered as I did :slight_smile:

Fair enough. You forgot to use the internet “subtlety” font. :confused: I’m fairly dimwitted.

On another note I’ve been teaching my son how to use various sound manipulating devices tonight e.g. he wanted to play Bass but I only have a guitar, so I ran the guitar through a Bass simulator thingy and showed him a few other tricks. He was impressed and we had a good father son bonding session; I think we’ll set up all my old gear in a studio setup. I reckon my wife won’t be too happy, her piano is right in the middle of it :grinning:

1 Like

The piano will resonate nicely!

Nah I used to know (through a friend) the editor of the Aus penthouse - editorial staff write all of them.
Used to have a very amusing twitter account, but I think it’s gone now.

So umm I’ve got this friend right, and his business has been very profitable this financial year. He’s already been able to pay cash for a new vehicle, so jealous. However there is still a fair bit excess money in his account that he needs to get out before June 31 as to not be taxed so hard on his yearly profits.

I think he’s set his business up as a company which means he can’t just pay himself “personal drawings”.

P.S. Don’t bother tracking me ATO, it’s for my FRIEND. I ain’t no rat!

1 Like

Just pay what you owe.

What a novel approach, …

If they do it right on June 31 it should be fine

4 Likes