Dumb Questions Amnesty

Or do a Twiggy Forrest

Use every which way of dodging tax through dubious inter-company transfers, and then make a big fella of yourself by donating big amounts to charity.

You need an accountant. What you said doesnā€™t make much sense.

1 Like

And a calendar.

4 Likes

You mean become the deputy commissioner of the ATO and allow your children to buy 18 aircraft?

the Carla Koala Retirement Fund is a worthy investment possibilityā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t get me started on that bloke.

1 Like

Your friend isnā€™t a Nigerian Princess, by any chanceā€¦?

1 Like

Your ā€˜friendā€™ could shave down his finances a bit by also buying me a disco sport.

If you order a ā€˜rack if lambā€™ at a restaurant

How many lamb chops or cutlets would you expect to make up said rack?

If your meal arrived as 3 BBQā€™d cutlets that had been cooked individually, not a rack that was cooked and then cut, would you think the chef was extracting the urine?

2 Likes

I would send it back, or not pay, ā€¦ if they had advertised it as a ā€œRackā€

Thatā€™s taking more than the pizz. ā€¦

2 Likes

Heh - not long ago I was touring FNQ, and had a pub meal - ā€˜lamb cutletsā€™ā€¦which turn out to be freakin DEEP FRIED shoe leather! Deep fried??? And a side of tinned peas & carrots. Fark me! And powdered mash. Unfarkenbelievable.

1 Like

That good eh?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a life long aversion to powdered mash. It took me spewing up over the dinner table for the olā€™ lady to finally concede that I genuinely hated Deb instant potato caca.

3 Likes

He um, already did that.

1 Like

What about ā€œstuffed chicken with vegetablesā€?

In a French restaurant, it turned out as 3 chicken nuggets with something smeared on one side (that was the stuffing). The ā€œvegetablesā€ was one shred of carrot.

Incroyable!

1 Like

When people say (and very very often) ā€˜one-pacedā€™ā€¦do they always mean ā€˜slowā€™?
If yes, why donā€™t they just say ā€˜slowā€™?
Is it just people picking crappy phrases up from the media? Is there more to it?
What am I missing?

One paced can mean slow but it can also mean fast and the person canā€™t change pace. So it depends on who it is thatā€™s being talked about.

Iā€™ll be stuffed.

Some people go weak at the knees as a result of shock. So donā€™t be a shock jock.

Well, thatā€™s what I used to think, but Iā€™ve never ever heard someone fast being called ā€˜one-pacedā€™ though.
I canā€™t imagine anyone fast not being able to run slower.

2 Likes