Ahem! Rather poor typo here.

7 Likes

Oops

Heffā€™s clam.

I did titter though.

Titter! He-he-he.

2 Likes

Anyone know how this works??

Donā€™t get me wrong,ā€¦ Iā€™m not unhappy about it and hope it pans out,ā€¦ but HTF does 40 degrees ā€œfeel likeā€ only 32??

Capturekk

Is there some sort of breeze?
I have this argument with guys at work all the time, one of them is a Pom who reckons 30 in London is hotter than 40 in Adelaide.

Oh thereā€™s a breeze all right, ā€¦ but itā€™s a virtual Northerly and at a fair clip too.

Which is what pushes the temp up of in Vic overall of course, ā€¦ so thatā€™s hardly having any cooling effect.

Staying that way all day too. No SW sea breeze 'til after sunset todayā€¦

hh

It would be to do with humidity, which would be virtually zero Iā€™m guessing.

Has it got anything to do with the prevalence of African gangs?

After all, itā€™s very hot in Somalia and South Sudan.

grin
As to an English 30 being an Australian 40, I well remember the English exchange student at her first day of school back in Horsham.
She fainted.
Would have been lucky to have been 30.

1 Like

I went to Edgbaston in 1989ā€¦they said it was 25 but felt 35+

Not zero. Relatively low though I suppose.

j

Again, Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s down to humidity.
Holidayed at Magnetic Island last January.
I could barely move, and it was nowhere near 40.

Was in London/England in 2006 was 33 for 3 days. (news said it was the hottest 3 days they have had in 88 years)

It did feel like over 40, however think itā€™s the city roads and buildings that keep the heat in.

38.5 in Port Fairy. And a strong northerly. One sheet blew off the line (Hills Hoist type) despite 3 pegs.

Good thing is that we get the cool change before you lot.

Iā€™m ensconced in front of the TV with just the fan (and pants). Havenā€™t turned on a/c yet.

I was over there in June 2006 so probably around the same time. They were putting heat warnings on all the news and distributing bottles of water at all the tube stations. Was similar in Paris and there were plenty who died in this so called ā€œ heat waveā€

1 Like

Middle of winter here in Phnom Penh: a RealFeel peak of 36 is expectedā€¦

Hereā€™s something I never expected to say to Noonanā€¦ lose the pants.

delete

Anyone know where I can get a frozen margarita in Croydon/Chirnside Park/Mooroolbark/Ringwood?