Dumb Questions Amnesty

I’m sorry, gas?

I didn't want epidural as I wanted to be able to walk about but I ended up with one to relax everything. Gas was okay at the start.

How long does it take for an epidural to wear off?

When having a second child is it less painful, because mentally you know what it’s like from the first time

I didn't want epidural as I wanted to be able to walk about but I ended up with one to relax everything. Gas was okay at the start.

How long does it take for an epidural to wear off?

When having a second child is it less painful, because mentally you know what it’s like from the first time

And everything is already stretched out :slight_smile:

The 2nd baby always has a smaller head.

Make track days free then! $200 is a lot for like 60 minutes.

Yep, I would definitely advocate low cost track days where they can get it out of their system.

I volunteer in Sth Gipps to a youth commitee attached to council, and tried to get something along those lines up years ago, it was shot down really quickly, as so much of this stuff is, by “Public Liability”

That’s all you seem to hear since … IIRC the HGFL collapse?? Or something else around that time that made us litigious & skittish… Bacchus might know what I’m thinking of.

Everyone’s too fkn scared they’ll get sued if something goes wrong.

I'm trying to convince my wife (due in 7 weeks) to go for an epidural. She is not morally opposed or anything like that but she wants to see how she goes with the gas.

My thoughts are that the gas is going to do 1/10th of sweet f.a. Would I be correct in saying this?

Also, from my research and what we were told by the hospital, the epidural isn’t given anywhere near your actual spinal cord, its a bit below that.

She’s concerned that the baby will come out all sleepy and ■■■■ if she has an epidural or pethadine but surely that’s not a problem right?

My advice is go into labour with an open mind about pain relief options. I found having a number of strategies from listening to music during contractions to epidural reassuring.

The gas did sweet FA for my first.

Good advice.

Yep, just be aware and know all the options beforehand. It’s good that she has an idea of what she wants.

Need to say though, no matter how well prepared she/you are, you really don’t know which option is best until you get there (in labour).

Some things work at the start and then not and she may want to consider/change to some other sort of pain relief and like everything, what works for some may not work for others.

Is involuntary defecation during birth really as prevalent as TV make it out to be?
It happens pretty much all the time you come out natural. Basically jamming a 4kg lump through the same territory as your colon is like squeezing all the toothpaste out of the tube.
Is involuntary defecation during birth really as prevalent as TV make it out to be?

What sort of TV are you watching?

1 Like
During labour are you allowed to eat or drink( before the actual giving birth part i mean)

Yes. It is encouraged. My husbands job was to make sure i was drinking water. I ate snacks for energy.

But if you’re the father, don’t expect to be offered so much as a wafer. You are redundant, just nobody actually tells you

That’s the other theory about the hot water/boiling towels.
Again, it’s old school, from when ‘boiling some water’ would mean finding wood, starting a fire, getting water, put the water on the boil, etc etc.
ie ‘get the fark out’

The last two pages of this thread have been intense. More than GOT intense. Needles into spines, ■■■■■■■■ bricks and now involuntary defecation.

During labour are you allowed to eat or drink( before the actual giving birth part i mean)

Yes. It is encouraged. My husbands job was to make sure i was drinking water. I ate snacks for energy.

But if you’re the father, don’t expect to be offered so much as a wafer. You are redundant, just nobody actually tells you

I wasn’t allowed to eat anything more than biscuits and lollies after breakfast but even then I threw it all up later. Bugman got fed proper lunch and dinner by the hospital. Didn’t cook for 6 days.

Where is the weird news thread?

Why is it a ‘cover’ song but when it’s a movie it’s a ‘remake’?

Antipasato is wog (Italian actually) for entree basically.

Antipasto is a cheese plate with italian side dishes - salami, grilled peppers, bread etc. Can have things like quail if fancy ■■■.

Degustation is usually just multiple courses that are supposed to work your senses i.e. well balanced and technically well done. Usually translates to very small but lots of them. And expensive. 

Thanks 'Boot and beastie :)

If I was trying to highlight someones misspelling of the word : you're 

and was mentioning they had misspelled it should I wrap that word in single or double apostrophes?

So 'You're' or "You're"

?

What's a nubian? 

What's a nubian? 

Someone from Nubia in Africa?

Or did you mean 'Noobian' ? Extension of 'noob' which is generally a new player on a game.

What's a nubian? 

Someone from Nubia in Africa?

Or did you mean 'Noobian' ? Extension of 'noob' which is generally a new player on a game.

Sorry, it was a silly Chasing Amy reference.