Dumb Questions Amnesty

Someone suggested to me that a lot of countries (Middle Europe) pronounce our w as a v.

I countered with Indians always pronouncing v as a w. On Letters And Numbers “can i have a wowel please”.

Western European languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese and possibly Italian) don’t have a native w. They pretty much only have them in imported words like le weekend.

Hmmm… like sandpaper?

1 Like

It’s the particular spec on the Duke balls ordered that they reckon means less swing. Big seam though allows normal seam movement and cut. Normal seam is just deflection off the bump of the seam and cut is bowler imparted spin from a pace bowler - grippy seam helps with that too.

But a damp pitch might have more humidity coming off it, helping conventional swing, early in the game.

1 Like

Nah, you’re right, they’re wrong

And it was swinging heaps in the first few hours of day 1. Poms have had the best of the conditions so far.

Yes although someone quoted Broad as saying he didn’t think there was much swing. You’d the the supposedly more pronounced seam would help it swing as well.

I’m really curious how with the advent of it’s World Movies channel, SBS can now broadcast THREE channels in HD 1080i, AS WELL AS 2 other SD 576i channels,… whilst the ABC has only 1 in HD 1080i, and the rest in supposed 576i SD channels look like total puss in comparison to other SD channels across the board.

It would all indicate the ABC has extremely limited bandwidth to use, while SBS must have more spectrum available than even the likes of channel 9, who broadcast only 2 1080i channels, while all other commercials broadcast only 1 each. (AFAIK, being 7 & 10 are regional down here).

How the hell can SBS run 3 1080’s as well as 2 576’s, … & why the hell does the ABC have so little spectrum??

Murdoch & the Libs suppression that we’ve heard nothing about in any Media??

Probably money. Their funding is being chopped, and they’re making and broadcasting more content than ever.

You probably could if you had an obligingly partner and good lung capacity

Anyone know where to buy an entire quiche in the northern suburbs (that’s inner north)?

Real men don’t eat quiche, so you should be pretty right to find one in the inner north.

1 Like

Maybe try Obelix and Co in Fitzroy North?

Is the quiche vegan?

1 Like

Wait, no one told me about this.

2 Likes

Nah, whatever the normal quiche is

I went to make a frittata last night but there was only one egg left from a dozen I bought earlier in the week. My daughter is vegan so they must have been vegan eggs.

4 Likes

You mean that eggs ain’t just eggs?

Ended up getting frittata from Boscastle in Brunswick, coffee at Wide Open Road next door was amazing. (Always think I’ll spot JD there…)

1 Like

You know, I had such a good Go-Betweens pun all typed out before I realised that was the Triffids.

spent fkn ages on it too.

2 Likes

Do it anyway.

There’s no reason to cry about it